Price range, per nightmin R max R
The environment and scenery is beautiful. Its proximity to shopping malls and businesses is very convenient. Its strategically located to be away from the busy and noisy traffic.
True to all wealthy, established suburbs, Bryanston in Johannesburg is a self-contained area with residents rarely having to venture from the suburb. Bryanston encompasses lavish homes on large treed stands, ultramodern complexes, top private schools, chic shopping malls, health clubs, churches, parks and an exclusive golf course. A newly developed business area has attracted many international and national corporates to this leafy suburb.
Once considered a country retreat with sprawling homes, Bryanston has evolved into a more modern suburb without foregoing its upmarket worth.
The N1 Western Bypass runs along the suburb’s northern border to easily link up with the M1 north-south highway to Johannesburg, Sandton or Pretoria.
Bryanston residents value their quality of life and visitors can expect to find clean streets, manicured gardens, well maintained municipal facilities and secure malls.
Top 6 reasons to visit Bryanston
1. The Bryan Park and Bryanston shopping centres cater for all shopping needs, from excusive wear to large departmental stores carrying the essentials. Both malls host regular events to keep shoppers entertained.
2. The lush fairways and tight greens on the Bryanston Country Club 18-hole course provides challenging obstacles for even the most talented of golfer. Visitors are welcome.
3. The Bryanston Organic and Natural Market is open every Thursday and Saturday and sells fresh organic farm produce direct to the public. The venue has various food stalls, plants, crafts and curios, a coffee shop and fun events for children.
4. Hire a bike and attempt either the BMX track or mountain bike trails at the PwC Cycle Park, all routes designed to improve your riding confidence. There is a clubhouse and picnic sites from which to watch the action.
5. Hike the Braamfontein Spruit Trail (Bryanston section) from the Riverside shopping centre to the N1 Western Bypass. The route travels alongside the river. Be sure to hike in company.
6. If you really must leave Bryanston, spend a day enjoying cultural attractions such as MuseumAfrica in Newtown, the Arts on Main Maboneng Precinct in the city, take the Sophiatown-Fietas Heritage Experience tour or head west for a cycling tour around Soweto.
Bryanston is 30 minutes from OR Tambo International Airport. National flights arrive and depart from Lanseria Airport, a 35 minute drive north west of Bryanston. The Gautrain (express rail service) operates between the airport and Sandton, the nearest stop a 15 minute drive from Bryanston. Car rental agencies are located at the airports and in Sandton, otherwise order a rental online. There are a number of metered taxi and shuttle service companies operating in Sandton or you could register with Uber and order a ride via your mobile phone.
Did you know?
The Forum | The Campus is a 5-star conference and wedding venue located in Bryanston. The site has 11 conference facilities and 2 auditoriums, all fitted with innovative technology, the perfect venue to host gala events, important business gatherings and lavish weddings.
A financial survey conducted a few years ago cited the two streets Culross Road and Eccleston Crescent in Bryanston as Johanneburg’s Millionaire’s Row. At the time, Bryanston had 34 millionaires resident in the suburb.