Price range, per nightmin R max R
Hospitality and Cosiness that is unmatched
Ilhanti is about making our guests feel at home and making them feel welc...
One can comfortably drive through all of Buffelspoort in less than 10 minutes but the residents are grateful for the anonymity and solitude of their village that overlooks the scenic Buffelspoort Dam. How long this anonymity remains is anyone’s guess and a visit is recommended to enjoy a relaxed and unhurried break before the developers move in.
Buffelspoort lies in a valley that forms part of a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve known as the Magaliesberg Biosphere. The area is rich in diversity, from changing landscapes of grassland, savannah and forest to varying plant and animal life across the length of the reserve.
In Buffelspoort, the dam is the main attraction and with its impressive dam wall, is one of the cleanest bodies of water in the North West Province. Proof of this is the water clarity and the plentiful fish stock.
Top 8 reasons to visit Buffelspoort
1. Revel in the water-related activities available on Buffelspoort Dam. Swimming, boating and windsurfing are popular while fisherman arrive in summer for the black bass and for carp fishing in winter.
2. Unwind at the Sparkling Waters Hotel and Spa. The spa offers couples specials that include a steam bath, full body massage and facials. The proprietors are past winners of the World Luxury Spa contest.
3. For a fun night out, visit the Tarantaal Teatre, a dinner-theatre venue with live acts on show while you sample ‘egte boerekos’ (true farmer’s food).
4. Established by a platinum mining company, the 9-hole golf course at Mooinooi Golf Club is beautifully laid out and visitors are welcome to play on any day of the week. Restaurant and bar at the clubhouse.
5. Ask your host to arrange a visit to the Lost City of Mogale to see Chief Mogale’s ceremonial cairns, kraal and monoliths, and drink from the spring believed to have healing powers.
6. Visit... Show more