Price range, per nightmin R max R
The wildlife and beautiful landscape.
The serenity and the wildlife.
Warm and friendly people in South Africa - Elephant Coast.
It is a very beautiful part of SA.
Whale watching and the numerous safaris we went on.
The lakes at Kosi Bay are awesome, did snorkeling in crystal clear water.
Sodwana, Thembe Elephant Park and Cosy Bay.
The beauty of the bush and the beaches.
A place of natural beauty and diverse marine life, the Elephant Coast along the northern stretches of KwaZulu-Natal Province in South Africa comprises the continent’s oldest game reserve, pristine beaches with ancient dune systems along a vast tropical coastline, unique wetlands and tribal traditions.
A small settlement in the area is named Dukuduku, a Zulu word meaning ‘groping in the dark’ because of the thickness of bush and many wild animals, including large herds of elephants, in the area. This problem, along with flooding rivers and the threat of malaria and bilharzia are the likely reasons why the area remained unspoilt for so long. Today, the Elephant Coast attracts hordes of nature lovers, water sports enthusiasts and those seeking absolute solitude.
The Elephant Coast is the ultimate location for holidaymakers wishing to combine a beach and bushveld getaway.
Top 8 reasons to visit the Elephant Coast
1. Take a night time tour along the beaches at Kosi Bay to watch the female loggerhead and leatherback turtles arrive in large numbers to lay their eggs in the dunes. This spectacle occurs between June and November and hatching happens 60 days later.
2. For Big 5 (lion, elephant, leopard, rhino and buffalo) game viewing, visit the Hluhluwe iMfolozi Game Park, a UNESCO world heritage site where concerted efforts are being made to conserve the rhino.
3. Scuba divers flock to Sodwana Bay for excellent reef diving. From the brilliant, colourful macro life at the Bikini Reef System to Quarter Mile Reef bursting with sharks and rays, the reef variations here are practically endless.
4. Purchase a colourful Zulu handcrafted basket or wood carving at Ilala Weavers. The site has a museum and a village where crafters can be seen showcasing skills handed down over the centuries.
5. Visit the fish kraals used by the local Thonga people in Kosi Bay to... Show more
B&B's (also knows as BnB's) vary from one another, but are each unique and offer a personalised getaway. B&Bs, as they are often called, save guests time and money by removing the worry about the first meal of the day This makes planning that much easier for your stay. This is perfect for guests who plan on doing a lot of sightseeing and expect to be out and about the entire day and night. Bed and Breakfasts are often in private homes or converted historical buildings. Meaning if you have a look through Accommodirects listings, you can find the perfect Bed and Breakfast suited to your taste.