Price range, per nightmin R max R
Silver Lakes , Kameeldrift, Montana, Akasia, Rietondale, Colbyn , Lynnwood Ridge, Erasmuskloof , Val de Grace, Pretoria North, Brooklyn Pretoria, Waterkloof Ridge, Faerie Glen, Hatfield, Pretoria (Tshwane), Wapadrand, Waterkloof, Moreleta Park, Menlo Park, Muckleneuk
The suburb of Garsfontein in Pretoria East was farmland as recently as the early 1980s. Well laid out, modern housing developments now occupy the land in this desirable city suburb. A tributary of the Moreletta River flows through Garsfontein, creating a natural green lung for residents to enjoy the bird life and to walk their dogs. And the area has a number of shopping centres, parks, gyms, churches, schools and entertainment to save residents from venturing out of Garsfontein.
Many of Garsfontein’s eco-friendly residential properties and businesses are fitted with waste saving resources for people to enjoy a greener, healthier lifestyle.
Garsfontein has a PGA championship golf course, stunning wedding venues, the suburb is close to farmland where pecan and almond plantations thrive and conveniently located between the M1 and M4 national highways for easy access to major centres.
Top 6 reasons to visit Garsfontein
1. The beautifully landscaped Jimmy Aves Park is the site of the weekend Serene Market with stalls offering unusual crafts and wholesome foods. The park is also the site for the CrossFit fitness programmes that takes place from the community centre.
2. Garsfontein has an overabundance of shopping facilities; Woodhill Park Centre, Sunbird Centre, Garsfontein Village Shopping Centre are all located in the suburb while the Atterbury Value Mart adjoins Garsfontein. The mega-mall Menlyn Park Shopping Centre, with 275 stores, is a short distance away.
3. For a miniscule entrance fee, the spotlessly clean Zita Park is a great place to enjoy a picnic on the lawns beside the swimming pool. A waterslide runs into the pool and there are bicycle paths, a play park for young children and small café to purchase snacks.
4. Need to keep the children entertained? The Menlyn Skate Park is a popular skateboarding facility in the suburb with the 19th Hole putt-putt (mini-golf) course alongside.
5. Travel to Horseback Africa... Show more
For a more down to earth experience there are guest houses. Less expensive than hotels, they offer a more homey environment, as well as more privacy. Converted from a private house it’s a much gentler environment and for those with furry friends, there are also pet friendly options. They are usually well situated with shops and places of interest nearby. Being so small it offers a much more personal and intimate attention to it’s upkeep, leaving you with a more polished and homely experience.