Price range, per nightmin R max R
It’s hardly a speck on a map but Hazyview in South Africa is very familiar to local and international visitors. That’s because Hazyview is the gateway town to the celebrated Kruger National Park. This is safari country where exclusive resorts stand alongside luxury lodges, backpacker digs and tented camps for the world to enjoy the 19000km² of diverse game in the park.
Four regional roads from all directions meet up in Hazyview, an appealing town surrounded by masses of flora, birds, butterflies and two rivers. The area has abundant banana plantations and the eye is immediately drawn to the bright green colours of the fruit’s leaves.
The town experiences hot summer days, thus the hazy reference in the name when the blazing sun shimmers over the town.
Top 8 reasons to visit Hazyview
1. A visit to the Kruger National Park is a must. The vast network of roads and bountiful game will ensure a thrilling game drive. Some examples of the various animals counted several years ago were 40000 buffalo, 2000 leopard and 160000 impala antelope, an indication of the size of this park, able to comfortably house these thriving populations.
2. Enjoy an interactive session with an African elephant at the Elephant Sanctuary outside Hazyview. The sanctuary offers elephant rides. Early risers can brush down the elephants or walk hand-in-trunk with these majestic beasts.
3. Test yourself on the treetop challenge at Skyway Trails. This is an obstacle course up in the trees where you are required to cross a series of beams, rope bridges and rope mesh, and to end with a 50m zipline back to base.
4. Relax and unwind at the Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa after an exciting day out in the bush. Look out for their specials that include Swedish and aromatherapy massages.
5. Share a quiet moment high in the sky on a... Show more
One of the most intimate ways of staying a night or more in the open, Caravan Parks are for guests willing to get closer to nature. There are also often a host of activities from canoes, fishing and hiking trails depending on the destination.If you have your very own caravan, this makes it the perfect choice for your trip as you will be able to make the most out of your budget. This form of accommodation is ideal for those on a budget, couples, small groups of friends and families.