Price range, per nightmin R max R
Braamfontein, Johannesburg (Joburg), Northcliff - Johannesburg, Lanseria, Kensington, Rivonia, Fourways, Midrand, Sandton, Houghton, Sunninghill, Rosebank JHB, Auckland Park, Honeydew, Melrose, Dinokeng, Bryanston, Melville, Gold Reef City, O.R. Tambo Airport
Northgate Dome, Johannesburg Zoo, Bensusan Photographic Museum, SAB World of Beer, Liliesleaf Farm, Satyagraha House, Hillbrow Tower, Enoch Sontonga Memorial Park, Sandton City, Moyo Restaurants, Newtown Cultural Precinct, Nelson Mandela Square, Johannesburg Art Gallery and Sculpture Park, Nelson Mandela Bridge, Rand Easter Show, Brenthurst Gardens, Constitution Hill, Apartheid Museum, Radium Beer Hall, Oriental Plaza, The Bag Factory, Standard Bank Gallery, ABSA Art Gallery, MuseuMAfricA
The verdant suburb of Linden is appropriately named, considering that Linden is a tree genus. Linden is one of the more established suburbs of Johannesburg having been laid out over a hundred years ago.
Linden lies north of the Johannesburg Botanic Gardens and west of the sprawling Delta Park. The suburb typically has schools and churches, as well as a heated public swimming pool and small shopping quarter with some of the better known restaurants located here.
Only 15 minutes away from both Johannesburg city centre and the Sandton business district, Linden is well positioned to suit business travellers and holiday makers.
Top 6 reasons to visit Linden
1. The restaurants and cafés wedged together down 7th Street gives the visitor a number of choices in which to enjoy exceptional meals and well-brewed coffee.
2. A trip to the Johannesburg Botanic Gardens requires a full day to appreciate the 80ha of specialist gardens, water features, and lush picnic areas, indigenous and exotic plants. The vast Emmarentia Dam lies within the gardens.
3. The Cresta Shopping Centre is a large mall with 200 retail stores, over 30 restaurants, a cinema complex and the late night Barnyard Theatre for live shows enjoyed over a meal.
4. Travel into Soweto to join a guided Soweto Shebeen tour. The shebeens (unlicenced – and at one stage, illegal – bars) are located mostly in private homes where the locals gather for drinks. This tour could best be described as a quirky pub crawl!
5. Visit the Bensusan Museum of Photography and Library at the MuseuMAfricA complex in Newtown to view the interesting old handmade equipment and resultant photographs, as well as some of South African photographers’ works. The museum has an extensive photographic library. Closed on Mondays.
6. While in Newtown, take a tour of the SAB World of Beer to learn of the history of beer... Show more
B&B's (also knows as BnB's) vary from one another, but are each unique and offer a personalised getaway. B&Bs, as they are often called, save guests time and money by removing the worry about the first meal of the day This makes planning that much easier for your stay. This is perfect for guests who plan on doing a lot of sightseeing and expect to be out and about the entire day and night. Bed and Breakfasts are often in private homes or converted historical buildings. Meaning if you have a look through Accommodirects listings, you can find the perfect Bed and Breakfast suited to your taste.