Price range, per nightmin R max R
Durban Central, Kloof, Oslo Beach, Midlands, Cathedral Peak, Morningside, La Lucia, Westville, Lake Jozini, Durban North, Bluff, Champagne castle, Durban, Berea, Glen Ashley, Hillcrest, Glenwood, Durban Beachfront, Umdloti Beach, Kosi Bay
Musgrave in the city of Durban is a suburb where old money sits comfortably with the new modern executive. The suburb has a mix of colonial mansions surrounded by gardens with luscious plants and evergreen lawns, alongside apartments being snapped up and beautifully renovated by the Millennials.
Musgrave is a typical suburb with fine schools, higher learning facilities, parks and churches, however, several businesses operate within Musgrave and it is home to the Durban Botanic Gardens. Views over the beachfront from Musgrave are superb and access to the beach is only a bicycle ride away.
Durban is one of South Africa’s premier destinations and Musgrave is the perfect stayover.
Top 8 reasons to visit Musgrave
1. Visit the Durban Botanic Garden and savour the sights and smells of the 8000 plants in the orchid house. The Garden hosts top music acts around the lake in summer and on Sundays, book well in advance. If you’re in Musgrave for a while, why not attend a horticultural course here?
2. Unwind at the Heaven on Earth Day Spa in Musgrave and enjoy a full body treatment.
3. The Musgrave Roof Top night market held on the 1st Friday evening of every month is wildly popular for local handmade crafts, slow food and live music. On market evenings, the mall shops extend their shopping hours. Safe parking.
4. Join a fitness class at Bulwer Park for a workout at the outdoor gym set amongst trees, water fountains and pleasant walkways.
5. Take a drive along Durban’s Golden Mile and find your ideal beach. The beach at uShaka Marine World theme park is a Blue Flag appointed beach.
6. A trip to the Moses Mabhida Stadium for the 360° views of Durban and the Indian Ocean is definitely worthwhile. Walk the arch to reach the 106m ledge, then take the Skycar down, propelled by gravity... Show more