Price range, per nightmin R max R
Hatfield, Garsfontein, Pretoria North, Rietondale, Lynnwood Ridge, Waterkloof Ridge, Menlo Park, Akasia, Silver Lakes , Faerie Glen, Val de Grace, Kameeldrift, Montana, Wapadrand, Muckleneuk, Erasmuskloof , Moreleta Park, Waterkloof, Colbyn , Brooklyn Pretoria
The weather and the friendliness of the people.
A utopian location beside a river, the city of Pretoria has long been used as a command centre for both ancient tribes and the Voortrekkers, who formally established the town in 1855. Since then, many a battle was fought and historic treaties signed in Pretoria. Today, Pretoria is the administration capital of South Africa and the official residence of the country’s President. It’s also where most foreign embassies are located.
Pretoria is known as Jacaranda City for good reason; the city streets are lined with thousands of jacaranda trees. When in bloom, the city is awash with purple and violet blossoms.
Pretoria has a fair mix of cultures – a true snapshot of South Africa’s rainbow nation, where young and old, and conservative and liberal, happily coexist. Expect to meet academics, politicians and diplomats during your stay in this handsome city.
Top 8 reasons to visit Pretoria
1. Situated in a 340ha nature reserve and on a peak is the impressive Voortrekker Monument, a granite structure 40m in height. The monument is South Africa’s 2nd most visited heritage site and celebrates the Voortrekker’s Great Trek undertaken during the 1800s.
2. A second historic building must-see is the Union Buildings, a mega sandstone structure that overlooks the city and is the home to South Africa’s parliamentarians. The stepped gardens are loved by the public and where occasional events take place. The Red Bull X-Fighters show stops here every year.
3. For a unique shopping experience, travel Antique Route 6 through the leafy streets of Pretoria to find hidden antique treasures for the loved ones back home. Expect to find bargains and highly unusual merchandise.
4. Stroll through Venning Rose Park to appreciate the lake, the flowers and sunken garden. The Rosarium has over 3000 rose bushes of varying cultivars.
5. Visit the Fried Contemporary Gallery to view local contemporary art. The... Show more
For a lavish and exotic getaway, a Health resort should be first choice. For the ultimate relaxing experience, we recommend staying at a Health Resort. They offer all basic amenities as well as spa treatment services such as massages, detox treatments, beauty treatments and jacuzzis. Best chosen for guests who have the time and would like to make it an integral part of their stay, or simply spoil themselves. They are generally applicable to a higher budget but there are some resorts which offer more value for your money.