Price range, per nightmin R max R
The best time to visit Secunda is after the first summer rains when the dry grass is transformed into a patchwork of green hues and the colourful cosmos flower springs to life. In fact, the area... Show more
ITS A REALLY A SMALL TOWN AND VERY QUIET. INDEED A NICE PLACE TO RELAX WITH NO HECTIC FLOW IN GAUTENG.read more
We're finding our latest and greatest accommodation deals in Secunda just for you.
Updating Results based on your filtering preferences...In just a few moments we should find the ideal Secunda accommodation for you.
ITS A REALLY A SMALL TOWN AND VERY QUIET.
INDEED A NICE PLACE TO RELAX WITH NO HECTIC FLOW IN GAUTENG.
The whole place is nice and cool.
Most of the time we use to come for Conference To Temple of Faith.
The best time to visit Secunda is after the first summer rains when the dry grass is transformed into a patchwork of green hues and the colourful cosmos flower springs to life. In fact, the area is known as... Show more
The best time to visit Secunda is after the first summer rains when the dry grass is transformed into a patchwork of green hues and the colourful cosmos flower springs to life. In fact, the area is known as Cosmos Country for this Mexican plant that thrives here. The cosmos plant was unintentionally brought into the country via horse feed from South America.
Borne out of a need for self-sufficiency in oil, Secunda was established in the late 1970s to house workers employed at the nearby oil refineries. The town is well laid out and has excellent shopping facilities and a large casino and entertainment complex. The Trichardspruit River runs through the town, forming a wide green lung through the suburbs.
Secunda lies in the scenic Mpumalanga Province, renowned for the many game farms and natural wonders located here.
Top 6 reasons to visit Secunda
1. Spend the day (and some money) at the Graceland Hotel and Casino Complex. The casino floor offers over 300 slot machines and 18 tables consisting of poker, blackjack and roulette. Take a break at Buffalo Bill’s Showbar.
2. For a pleasant shopping experience and relaxing day out, stop in at the Secunda Mall. The mall has over 80 stores, movie theatres and a variety of restaurants to enjoy.
3. Lake Umuzi Waterfront has a waterpark, mini golf, ten pin bowling and a fun centre for toddlers while the parents appreciate a hassle-free meal. Entertainment for the entire family.
4. The Gary Player designed 18-hole links course at the Graceland Country Club is a superbly manicured course with numerous water features and a tough 13th hole.
5. Chill out at Eende Dam for a restful picnic under the willows along the water’s edge. An electric train operates around the dam on weekends.
6. Test your singing voice during a Karaoke evening at Borries, happening every Wednesday night. Be prepared for a night of laughter and making of new drinking buddies.
There is a private airstrip on the outskirts of Secunda for chartered flights to and from other international and national airports, ask your host to arrange permission to use the airstrip. The OR Tambo International Airport is situated 124km west of Secunda. Car rental agencies are located at the airport and in the town, otherwise order a vehicle online. Metered taxis and shuttle service companies operate in the town.
Did you know?
Secunda has OPEC (the oil producing and exporting countries) to thank for its establishment; in 1973, this organisation quadrupled the price of crude oil, causing a major oil crises that had South Africa and other countries scrambling to find other means of obtaining the product.
Sasol is the chemical and energy company that established the town. The company is the major sponsor for the country’s national women’s football team affectionately known as Banyana Banyana, meaning The Girls.