Price range, per nightmin R max R
Hillcrest, Champagne castle, Glenwood, Lake Jozini, La Lucia, Umdloti Beach, Cathedral Peak, Kloof, Midlands, Durban, Durban North, Morningside, Durban Central, Bluff, Westville, Berea, Kosi Bay, Oslo Beach, Glen Ashley, Durban Beachfront
The tiny suburb of Umbilo is part of the greater Berea suburb in the city of Durban, South Africa. This innovative and happening area is where socialites dare to try new culinary innovations, sample craft beer and sip imported coffee.
Umbilo is conveniently situated between the M4 and M7 highways for easy access to Durban, the beaches along the coast and inland to the lush Midlands area. The suburb has several colleges and schools and the King Edward VIII hospital is located here.
Durban is a multi-award winning city, the official visitor guides state that the city experiences summer all year long with great attractions and its people enjoy a laidback lifestyle…and Umbilo is at the epicentre of this playground.
Top 6 reasons to visit Umbilo
1. Beat the humidity by spending time on the beaches along Durban’s Golden Mile or at any of the Blue Flag appointed beaches up and down the KwaZulu-Natal coast. Both Addington and South Beach are the recommended swimming beaches closest to Umbilo.
2. uShaka Marine World could only be described as awesome. Some of the amazing activities and attractions include the largest aquarium in the southern hemisphere, a touch pool, the opportunity to snorkel with tropical fish, dolphin shows and shark cage diving, to name a few.
3. With onsite cinemas, shopping facilities, a nightclub, bars and restaurants, the Suncoast Casino is not only about gambling. The resort has a grassed area leading directly onto the beach and popular with the crowds.
4. Durban is famous for its curries and there are many curry houses to be found throughout the city. A popular late night snack is the bunny chow, a half-loaf of white bread hollowed out and filled with curry. Ask your host to recommend a good curry house.
5. Take a Segway gliding tour of the Moses Mabhida Stadium to learn more... Show more