Price range, per nightmin R max R
Nature. The Vaal and beauty spa.
Friendly people in Vanderbijlpark.
Emerald and stone haven.
Away from the busy huzz and buzz of the city.
Everything about Vanderbijlpark.
It is so quiet and no traffic in the area we travelled.
Animals and sunset.
The industrial town of Vanderbijlpark lies on the banks of the Vaal River that separates the Gauteng Province from the Free State Province in South Africa. The town was first established to house workers of a large steel mill and laid out in a garden city fashion with provision made for the residents’ recreational needs. Over half a million trees were planted to counter pollution emanating from the mills.
Vanderbijlpark residents are a cosmopolitan bunch with many engineers sourced from countries around the world. The town has several schools, churches, parks, malls and a university campus.
Visitors are attracted to Vanderbijlpark through the water-related activities available along the Vaal River that is navigable for over 50km. On weekends, motor sports enthusiasts, fishermen and families arrive to enjoy what the river has to offer.
Top 8 reasons to visit Vanderbijlpark
1. Cruise the Vaal River on the Liquid Lounge double-deck river boat. The boat company offers 2-hour lunchtime cruises that include a meal and cash bar.
2. The Emerald Resort and Casino has a range of fun activities for the family: the casino has gaming tables, slot machines and a privé lounge, the Aqua-dome has a waterslide and heated pool and Animal World houses a variety of animals, birds and reptiles.
3. Horse racing meets take place every Wednesday and Saturday at the Vaal Turf Club just outside of Vanderbijlpark. Dress up and enjoy a day at the races.
4. Vanderbijlpark hosts several popular events through the year: the 3-day Rotary River Festival in March, the month-long Vaal Meander Wine Route in July, the Spring Beer Festival in August and the Vanderbijlpark Triathlon in November. The events are well attended by visitors from all parts of the country.
5. Not to be missed is a guided hike through the Vredefort Dome, a UNESCO World Heritage Site outside of the town of Parys... Show more
Hotels offer guests a reliable, and comfortable place to stay while on holiday. All the basic amenities and facilities are provided, making your stay there simple and hassle-free. While hotels are the more expensive option, guests are sure to find one in the location they wish to visit and explore, making them an ideal option for those wanting basic accommodation and basecamp for their holiday. Guests wanting a little more than the basics, they should consider staying at themed or or 5 starred hotel. Choose from the wide variety of hotels across South Africa on AccommoDirect.