Terms & conditions
Please read the terms and conditions of this agreement carefully. When confirming a booking, you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
Bookings, conditions & cancellations
1. I hereby agree to the occupation of the house for my use as short-term holiday accommodation for the period booked.
2. Bookings will not be confirmed until we have received a 50% non-refundable deposit. We have no card facilities, therefore payments in lieu of this contract and/or any additional fees can be made by electronic funds transfer, bank transfer, or cash deposit into our account. Please submit proof of such payment(s). Any agreement(s) will only be considered binding once the funds reflects in our account.
3. The advance rental shall be non-refundable and non-transferable to another date, in the event of cancelation for whatsoever reason by the tenant. Guests are advised to take out holiday insurance covering the guests’ own liability and cancellation/curtailment risk for any reason.
4. If you pay via cash deposit, any cash deposit fees incurred will be deducted from your security/breakage deposit.
5. The non-refundable balance of rental due is payable 2 weeks prior to arrival for normal bookings or 4 weeks prior to arrival for December/January bookings.
6. In the event of the rental term being reduced by the tenant, regardless of the reason, no refund will be given to the tenant.
7. We require a refundable security/breakage deposit of R5,000. This deposit shall be refunded to the tenant within 14 working days of your departure and as soon as the owners and/or their appointed agents (herein referred to as their “agent(s)”) and/or their housekeeper and/or any appointed persons/entities (herein referred to as their “representatives”) have determined that the rental property has been returned in good order and any additional costs for the tenant’s account have been finalised. We reserve the right to deduct any amount due in respect of damage/breakage/loss/theft of any items and specifically for any apparent misuse of linen and/or towels. You are liable for any amounts exceeding the breakage deposit at time of departure.
8. We require a copy of your government-issued identity document or passport and proof of residence at the time of making the booking deposit.
9. If you reside outside of the Republic of South Africa, and do not have a South African bank accounts, please advise us in order that we may refund your breakage deposit in cash.
Occupancy, noise/party disturbance
10. We do not cater for students or groups of people where all persons are under the age of 25.
11. No parties are allowed. No noise will be tolerated after 22:00 or before 07:00. Tenants will be required to adhere to the house rules, to respect the neighbours, regulations and mandates that govern this property, the residential area and bordering private spaces.
12. Overcrowding is not permitted. Your booking will specify the number of people permitted to stay on the premises. The number of people permitted to occupy the premises shall be limited to 6 (six) persons and no extra person(s) may occupy the premises without first obtaining written consent from the owners and/or their agents. The introduction of extra persons as occupants, without such consent, shall lead to immediate cancellation of this agreement and eviction of the tenant(s) and/or any person(s) occupying the property, or any part thereof under the contractual tenant’s name, through access granted by the contractual tenant, or directly invited by the contractual tenant to share occupation, or occupation by any extra person(s) directly replacing the contractual tenant, without consent from the owner and/or their agent(s).
13. Failure to adhere to any of the above rules will result in immediate cancellation of this agreement and eviction with no refund of rent.
Smoking, drugs & pets
14. No smoking is permitted inside the home. Ashtrays are available outside for this purpose.
15. No prohibited substances or articles may be brought onto, used or traded with on the premises.
16. No pets are allowed in or on the premises.
17. Failure to adhere to any of the above rules will result in immediate cancellation of this agreement and eviction with no refund of rent.
Check in & check out
18. Check-in time is strictly from 14:30 onwards. If you are expecting to arrive early, please check with us prior to arrival to see if we can accommodate early check in. Similarly, please inform us no later than 18:00 on the check in date if you are arriving late at night. Where possible provide us with a cell phone number to enable us to contact you to confirm the exact time of arrival on the day to ensure seamless check in.
19. Check out time is strictly 09:30. If you require late check out, please check with us. If we have no other guests arriving the same day, check out could be extended to 11:00. Late departure without prior arrangement will result in an additional fee being levied at R350 per hour due to the fact that additional staff members may be required to get the shack ready for our next guests.
20. Keys for the house must be collected from and returned to the Mike or the agent, during normal business hours unless special arrangements to the contrary have been made.
21. A minimum fee of R500.00 will be charged for keys and/or remote controls not returned to the upon your departure.
Housekeeping & cleaning
22. Towels are provided on the premises and may not be removed. Beach towels may be taken to the beach but must be returned each day.
23. The home is serviced from 09:00 daily (or later should the guests not be up and about yet) by the resident housekeeper. This excludes Sundays and public holidays. The housekeeper’s functions include assisting with luggage and general settling in, opening the living area shutters, uncovering patio furniture, dish washing, making beds, cleaning floors, bathrooms and rubbish bins. His daily chores also include the garden, swimming pool and cleaning of external windows. Please note that these housekeeping services are intended to maintain the property to the living standards acceptable to prospective tenants on behalf of the owners. Housekeeping services exclude extra personal service requests by and work for/on behalf of tenants, their guests or visitors. A small gratuity for Mike’s services means a lot to him.
24. Linen is changed every 7th day. If you require clean linen more regularly, please make a request with the owners. An additional charge may be levied.
25. Bath towels are changed twice per week. Beach towels are changed when required. If you require clean towels more regularly an additional charge may be levied.
General house rules
26. During the period of occupation, the tenant shall keep the premises and content thereof in good order and condition and, upon termination of the rental period, the tenant shall return the entire house, its contents and the property in the same good order and condition handed over to the tenant for occupancy.
27. All furniture, fittings and accessories on the property are accepted as being in “voetstoots” condition upon occupation by the tenant and shall be left in the same good order and condition upon termination of the rental term, fair wear and tear accepted.
28. If, for any reason, the tenant found cause to rearrange the property’s furniture, the tenant undertakes to move the furniture back to their original positions prior to departure. Should the owners, or any of their agents or representatives incur any financial cost to return the furniture to their original positions, or should any damage to the property or its furniture be caused by such rearrangement, this will be deducted from the tenant’s refundable breakage deposit. Should the costs exceed the breakage deposit, this will be invoiced to the tenant for immediate settlement.
29. Remove all scatter cushions from beds and place them in the cupboards prior to sleeping in the beds.
30. Do not stand on the gate track to keep it open under any circumstances. This triggers the alarm and armed response.
31. Please make sure that the beach gate is locked every night.
32. Cover outside patio furniture and place firepit cushions inside the house each night before going to bed.
33. Use beach showers to rinse off any sand before using the swimming pool. Parents must supervise their children when using the pool as we accept no responsibility whatsoever for any accidents.
34. Patio tiles may be slippery when wet so avoid running around the swimming pool.
35. Do not hang wet clothing over the furniture. A wooden ladder is provided for this purpose. Alternatively hang clothes on the washing line. Do not sit on any furniture with fabric seats when wearing wet clothing or swimsuits.
36. Do not use the electric firepit and/or patio blinds if there is any wind as this may damage them permanently. A mild breeze is in order. The blinds absolutely must be put up each night before going to bed.
37. Upon arrival, go through the inventory without delay. If you don’t agree with anything on this list please report it to us immediately. There will be an inventory count directly after your departure and you will be held responsible for any missing items.
38. Concessions: No concession(s), made by the owners and/or the agent(s) and/or the housekeeper to the tenant may, in any manner or form, be considered a deviation from our standard rental agreement/contract, nor from the terms and conditions contained within the contract.
Limitation of liability
39. The owners, their agent(s) and/or representatives cannot be held responsible for unforeseen events, such as interruption or non-availability of services offered by independent service providers to the properties, such as wireless internet services, TV and satellite services, pool maintenance services and electricity and water supplies. This includes any unforeseen delays in repairs of faulty electrical appliances. No refunds will be given based on interruption due to these events. Please not that not all rooms are airconditioned. The bedrooms are fitted with ceiling fans to assist with cooling on hot nights.
40. The swimming pool is uncovered. Children should only use the pool under adult supervision. The owners and/or agent(s) and/or housekeeper accept no liability whatsoever for any accidents or injuries.
41. The owners and/or agent(s) and/or housekeeper accept no liability whatsoever in respect of any theft, loss, damages or injuries to the tenants, whether caused by any negligence on our part, or that of ourselves, management, agents, representatives, staff or otherwise. Any breaches of security should be reported to the police as soon as possible.
42. Jurisdiction: The tenant hereby chooses domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes at the premises indicated on the rental agreement and accepts the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court closest to the owner’s physical address, for the purposes containing legal expenses. In respect of any action instituted against him/her, legal costs will be calculated at the current attorney-client sale, including collecting commission.
We thank you for taking the time to read our terms and conditions. We will confirm your booking upon acceptance of these terms and conditions and the receipt of your deposit.
You hereby acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to all the terms and conditions herein.
When confirming a booking, you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
Thank you for booking at The Sugar Shack. We trust that you will have an unforgettable holiday.