Tsene Lagoa Eco Lodge and Cottage Hotel is a recently established development at Macanza beach in the Bay of Zavora, Inharrime district about 400km to the North of the Mozambican capital Maputo. Currently the lodge consists of a small cottage hotel comprising a few large luxury rooms and restaurant in Tsene Forest adjacent to Macanza beach. Future plans include secluded stilted bush rooms in Tsene forest and a few self catering cottages.
Our dive centre and group camp, suitable for speciality groups such as birders, artists, divers, etc is well under way and should be ready for usage soon. 4 x 4 vehicles advisable.
Tsene Lagoa Eco Lodge is part of the Macanza Marine and Forest Parkland area which makes up the southern part of Praia de Zavora (Zavora Bay). This is a less densely populated area with dune forest vegetation adjacent to Macanza beach. The area includes the great fresh water Lake Lagoa Poelela, Tsene and Nahoutsie forests with prolific bird life and other small game such as monkeys and small buck.
Guided tours, airport transfers and package deals from SA to Mozambique via Kruger National Park by arrangement. Special dive tours in conjunction with our own inbound tour company, Tsene Dive Tours Mozambique.
Activities In The Area
- Scuba diving and snorkelling. Zavora bay is fresh new world class diving destination with a wide variety of marine species including Manta Rays and Whale Sharks. The wreck of the Klipfontein, a Dutch Liner that sank off the coast of Zavora in 1953 makes is a must for the more experienced diver.
- Horse riding in picturesque settings with forest, lake and beach trails to explore.
- Birding par excalance as well as a lovely variety of forest butterflies.
- Tsene art gallery and studio offering painting opportunities for novice and experienced artists alike.
- Fishing - ski boat, rock and surf and fly-fishing opportunities.
- Sun-downer cruises on Lake Poelela.
- Several restaurants to choose from.
- Boating and water activities on the lakes.
Cottage 2 bedroom Self Catering cottage, sleeps 4.
Ensuite bathroom All Rooms
Rooms & Prices
Enter your stay dates to view prices
Excellent & Prompt Service
Only Quality, Verified Listings
No Booking Fees. Save Money
All Bookings are Secure
Quick & Easy Payment Options
|For more info
Start your review of Tsene Lagoa Eco Lodge
About the Host
Member since: 27 Dec. 2009