Alba House is 4 Star (Tourism Grading) Top 10 accredited Guest House/Bed and Breakfast in Paarl, the centre of the Cape Winelands, one of the 3 oldest towns in South Africa.
Enjoy wonderful view of the Berg river valley, with majestic Hottentot Holland mountains in the background. This guest house in Paarl is easily reachable from Cape Town on the N1 motorway in 40 minutes. Cape Town International airport is only 40 minutes away.
Relax by our large salt water swimming pool with comfortable sun loungers and sun umbrellas. The immaculate, mature garden is full of colour and bird song.
Secure, quiet, welcoming, relaxing.
In Room Facilities:
All rooms are light and airy, furnished to a very high standard. All have:
* en-suite facilities
* ceiling fans
* air conditioning
* toweling gowns, slippers
* pool towels
* king size bed can be converted to 2 singles
* fresh flowers
* coffee and tea making tray
* stocked bar fridge
* hair dryer
* wall safe
* flat screen TV with DSTV
* private garden entrances to the rooms
* own outside patio seating
* sun umbrellas
The historical town of Paarl is the 3rd oldest in South Africa, and is ideally suited for exploration of the Cape Winelands, Cape Town and the near towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek (both 20 minutes drive).The Cape Peninsular and the sea side towns near Cape Town are easily accessible.
Visit world renowned wine farms and enjoy wine tasting and wonderful cuisine.
2 international standard golf courses are within 10 minutes drive. Enjoy special discount as Alba House guest.
* 2 minutes drive to Paarl Shopping Mall
* Close to Pearl Valley and Paarl Boschenmeer Golf Clubs
* Val de Vie Polo Estate 10 minuter drive
* Fairview, Spice Route, Babylonstoren close by
* Visit Franschhoek and Stellenbosch on 20 minutes away
* Fantastic wine estates and restaurants close by: to name a few-Avondale, La
Paris, Noop, Grande Roche, Blacksmith's Kitchen
Alba House is situated on the Cape Town side of Paarl, in an up market, elevated, quiet, residential suburb of Courtrai and provides:
* Fantastic views over the valley
* Large salt water swimming pool
* Beautiful mature garden
* Quiet residential area with stunning views
* Guest lounge for guests comfort
* Private entrances and patios
* Internet WiFi
* Car hire and airport transfers
* Holiday etc. planning assistance
* Special Discount Golf Packages
* Secure location
* Close to town facilities/restaurants
Wine tasting in the area's many world renowned wine farms.
Alba House lies just below the Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve, where wonderful walks, hikes and indigenous garden can be enjoyed. Visit the second largest granite boulder ('The Pearls') in the world at the Paarl Mountain Nature Reservation. Climb on top, for unforgettable view of Table Mountain, Cape Town, the Boland area of the Winelands, and as far as the sea.
Paarl Golf Club (Boschenmeer) 5 minutes drive from Alba House, Pearl Valley Signature Golf Course 10 minutes. Our guests enjoy a discount at Paarl Golf Club, if they booked via Alba House. See our special Golf and Accommodation Packages.
Enjoy excellent cuisine in the town's many restaurants and wine farms.
Sightseeing from mountain passes.
Sports facilities are plentiful in and around town and include golf, tennis, swimming, bowling, canoeing, horse riding, hot air ballooning, gun club for shooting, walking, hiking, bird watching etc.
The nearest beach is in Cape Town or Somerset West, both about 40 minutes drive from Alba House.