Excellent Rating: 4.4 /5
Based on 17 verified guest reviews
Excellent & Prompt Service
Only Quality, Verified Listings
No Booking Fees. Save Money
All Bookings are Secure
Quick & Easy Payment Options
Instant Booking Confirmation
Best Price Guaranteed
Member since: 26 June 2010
Property Type: Bed and Breakfast, Guest Houses, Self Catering
Check In: anytime after 14:00pm.
|Can Be Used For||Film Location, Still Shoots, Wedding|
|For more info|
I really like the interior of the B&B very upmarket.
We enjoyed the stay and would go back.
We spent a week at Grand View, it is a lovely place to stay, vey comfortable, neat and clean. The owners are of the most wonderful people one could meet. I would highly recommed this place to friends and we can't wait to return there again! Great views, great breakfast and awaesome over-all service. Thank you!
I must say that we had a wonderful stay at Grand View B&B, the place was great, well decorated the land-scapping was out of this world. The room that we were accommodated in was exceptionally beautiful, my partner loved it a lot, and we are actually considering making another reservations very soon. Thank you so very much, it was value for money indeed....
We are from Durban and required a place to stay as we had tickets to the U2 360 concert at FNB stadium in February. What a pleasure! Grand View B&B exceeded all our expectations, we were treated so well, the staff were always helpful and pleasant, it was nice to be looked after that way :-) In addition to superb service, the place has a modern, vibey feel to it while having a home-like prescence at the same time. It is also in perfect location as it it central to all the great tourist places, such as Gold Reef City, the Planetarium at Wits University, the Apartheid Museum etc. We will recommend this place to everyone. Thank you to Haseena and co. ! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and keep up the excellent service!
Coming from the bush to the city, we were pleased to stay at Grand View B&B that was close enough to the major attractions but still enjoyed a quite stay as if we were the only people in the city. Spectacular views of the lights. Warm welcome by friendly staff. Thank you very much. We had a brilliant stay!
Our 13 man team was over the moon with establishment. We felt so spoilt; the privacy was exceptional; 5 plus stars to this venue. The owners were very helpful and we felt like we were all special individuals. Even though it is a halal establishment; we could still enjoy our beers and wine in the privacy of the establishment. We highly recommend this establishment regardless of its location. Its a definite on our places to stay list.
Enjoyed our stay. It pretty much felt like home. The place is clean, tidy and colourful. It was quiet and we felt safe despite having fears about crime in Johannesburg before we got there. Our hosts went out of their way to help with arranging transport especially for my children. It was a lovely stay indeed.
However, the cottage we used is meant to accommodate at most 5 people (given its two double beds and 1 sleeper, yet:
1. There was not sufficient crockery, only a tiny sauce pan and a frying pan! I dont think it should be the responsibility of guests to have to ask for such basic things from the main kitchen.
2. There was no television in the room. Although the lounge was just across the court, it was not always convenient to go there. There was not even a radio.
3. It would help if there was a telephone in the room. Communication would have been much easier for us with friends and relatives within South Africa.
4. The bin provided in the cottage is too tiny for 5 people and there was no bin in the bathroom at all.
5. A table and chairs would be helpful in the room. There are cooking facilities but nowhere to sit to have meals. Meal times are family times and it is nice to sit down at the table and engage in converstion comfortably
6. Although it was explained why not, it would be much better use of the space to convert the cottage into at least a two bedroomed self-contained flat with a lounge of its own.
7. A light within the BBQ area would be very useful
All considered, though, it was a good place to have stayed in.
Johannesburg (Joburg) accommodation, Auckland Park accommodation, Auckland Park Bed and Breakfast, Johannesburg (Joburg) Bed and Breakfast, Auckland Park Guest Houses, Johannesburg (Joburg) Guest Houses, Auckland Park Self Catering, Johannesburg (Joburg) Self Catering
SAB World of Beer, Johannesburg Zoo, Bensusan Photographic Museum, Satyagraha House, Hillbrow Tower, Enoch Sontonga Memorial Park, Moyo Restaurants, Newtown Cultural Precinct, Sandton City, Nelson Mandela Square, Johannesburg Art Gallery and Sculpture Park, Vilakazi Street, Brenthurst Gardens, Nelson Mandela Bridge, Constitution Hill, Rand Easter Show, Apartheid Museum, Madiba Trail, Radium Beer Hall, ABSA Art Gallery, Oriental Plaza, The Bag Factory, Standard Bank Gallery, MuseuMAfricA, Hector Pieterson Memorial Museum, Mandela House