The essence of La Clé des Montagnes lies not only within the exceptional attention to detail, exquisite finishes and superb location, but also in the breadth of experience.
Located over two working farms, yet within walking distance of the Franschhoek village, live like a local with the best of both village and farm life. Discover a sense of tranquility, space, taste and style with the lifestyle of Franschhoek, an experience to be savoured at La Clé Village and La Clé Lodge.
With imaginative chefs in our team, the cuisine is dynamic and fresh, from local-style 'braais' to laden breakfast tables, personalised picnics, private dining and select Chef's Table evenings.
Soak up the valley and enjoy a truly memorable stay in the heart of Franschhoek.
24 hour security surveillance, Safe Private Parking, Bicycles to explore the village, Boules, Croquet.
Breath-taking scenery, warm hospitality, world class cuisine and the finest wines. This is the beautiful Franschhoek Valley in the heart of the Cape Winelands. Spectacular vineyards cover these mountain slopes settled more than 300 years ago by the Huguenots, who brought with them their age-old French wine and food culture. This is a valley rich in history centered around a picturesque village of friendly, welcoming people.
In Room Facilities:
ROOM & SUITE RATES INCLUDE
- En-suite accommodation at La Cle des Montagnes on a Bed & Breakfast basis
- Managed by experienced professional chefs with a range of dining options available (extra cost)
- Welcome drinks and snack basket, daily breakfast and Wi-Fi
- Facilities: libraries, pools, tennis court, dining rooms, lounges, heli-pad and vineyards to explore
- Bicycles to explore the Franschhoek village
GALERIE & EXCLUSIVE-USE VILLA RATES INCLUDE
- Exclusive use of a villa with a private garden, terrace and swimming pool
- Full, private service of a host and dedicated housekeeper (laundry, housekeeping, service and turndown)
- House drinks: wine, spirits, mixers, soft drinks and bottled water; Snack basket replenished daily
- Breakfast of your choice prepared in your villa’s kitchen at your convenience
- Telephone calls and bicycles to explore the Franschhoek village, and above room & suite inclusions
- Complimentary transfers within the Franschhoek valley, and concierge services
- Minimum 2-night stay required; surcharge applies for exclusive-use booking at Colonial, Grange and Lodge for the above services (also bookable as a sum of the rooms – above villa inclusions then do not apply)
Wine Estates: Driving into Franschhoek you will notice that most of the farms still bear their original French names and are usually complete with a spectacular Cape Dutch homestead, towering oaks and rolling vineyards. There are a variety of cellars, from small boutique wineries that cater for those in search of something unique, to large cellars that offer organized tours and conducted tastings.
Restaurants: Eight of South Africa's "Top 100" restaurants are in Franschhoek - the gourmet capital of the country. Leading chefs create everything from world-class cuisine to stylish light meals using the freshest produce of the valley, complemented by the wonderful local wines. Linger a while and savour the hospitality, ambience and variety of our many great restaurants.
Shopping: A host of shops and galleries line the Main Street, providing a wonderful choice of antiques, world class Collections of artworks and interesting bric-a-brac to browse through. There are also speciality shops such as book shops, a chocolate factory and a carpet maker.
Things to do: For the more energetic there are numerous walking trails, in the surrounding mountains and also fantastic golf courses. There are also a number of trout fishing spots in various streams and dams on the surrounding farms. For a wine tour with a difference hop onto a horse and visit a few of the Vignerons de Franschhoek.
However, those in favour of a more sedate excursion might prefer to just drive themselves or engage the services of a local guide to make their visits memorable. If you're in the vicinity in July, try to visit Franschhoek over the weekend closest to Bastille Day (14th July) when the village celebrates its French heritage with a wine and gourmet fair and lots, lots more.