Maple Grove Cottage, Chalet and Cabin, tucked away behind an avenue of Maple Trees, offer rustic luxury affordable self-catering accommodation.
Unwind in these peaceful surroundings punctuated only by the sounds of nature. Spend quality time with your loved ones and do as much or as little as you desire.
Enjoy the energetic hiking trails, take one of the leisurely forest walks or meander along the Maple Grove paths. In summer relax in the garden overlooking the Maple Trees and in winter curl up in front of the log fire with a good book.
In Room Facilities:
* All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms.
* Linen and towels supplied.
* Electric Blankets and wall heaters
* Complimentary tea, coffee, sugar, milk and homemade rusks
Outdoor enthusiasts will find a vast array of challenging activities, including Nature Walks, Hiking, Photography, Mountain Biking, 4x4 Trails and Bass Fishing.
* On request, Peter and Lyndsay will gladly arrange for you to partake in one of the following activities:
* Golf at Katberg Estate, Fort Beaufort or Cathcart Country Clubs (approx 1Â½ hr away)
* Horse riding, a short drive away at a nearby farm
* Trout fishing, per kind permission of local farmers
* Guided Nature Walks with a Birding Enthusiast
* Historical Tours of Hogsback
* Private garden
* Maple Meander - garden trail
* Undercover braai area
Other places of interest:
* Waterfalls, Madonna and Child, Swallowtail, Kettle Spout, 39 Steps, Robertson Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and Tyumie Fall
* Big Tree
* Private Show Gardens
* The Labyrinth
* Tor Doon
* St-Patricks-on-the-Hill Chapel
* Mirrors Photographic Gallery
* Starways and Mafika Pottery
* The Fairy Realm
* Crystal Corner
* Art Cafe and Gallery
* Fort Hare Art Gallery (35kms)
* Double Drift Game Reserve (50km)