The Rose Cottage B&B is situated 2.5 hours drive from Johannesburg in the quaint fly fishing village of Dullstroom. Mpumalanga.
We offer various suites, many with fully equipped kitchens, en-suite bathrooms, comfortable living rooms all with Digital Satellite TV, private patios and safe under-cover parking.
Dullstroom-Emnotweni has seven claims to fame:
* It is one of the coldest villages in South Africa
* It is South Africa's premier trout fishing area
* It is the home of the highest railway station, 2076 m above sea-level,
* It is the only place where elm and beech trees grow in any number and ...
* It is also the only region in South Africa where you will find the endangered Blue Crane, Crowned Crane, as well as the Wattled Crane which is critically endangered.
* It hosts a Whiskey bar WITH THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF Whiskeys in the southern hemisphere.
* It is also the host of a specialized clock shop with the largest collection of clocks in the southern hemisphere.
In Room Facilities:
Each room features garden views and will provide you with a patio with outdoor furniture, seating area, good lighting, bedside pedestals, television, kitchen facilities. A shower, private bathroom, toilet, bath/shower, basin, a hairdryer and free bathroom amenities.
Dullstroom, also known as Emnothweni, is a small town in Mpumalanga province, South Africa. The town lies 35 kilometres north of Belfast and some 53 kilometres south-west of Lydenburg. Along with Underberg, it is one of South Africa's premier flyfishing destinations. Wikipedia
Elevation: 2 100 m
Weather: 18 °C, Wind W at 14 km/h, 48% Humidity
The Dullstroom Nature Reserve is 1 km away. Halfway stop over from O.R. Tambo Airport to the Kruger National Park.
* Free WiFi is available in public areas.
* Laundry and ironing services and airport shuttles can be arranged for a surcharge.
* A large attractive garden with outdoor furniture.
* Our Restaurant is open 7 days a week from 07h00 - 17h00 for breakfast, lunch and teas.
The area is famous for its fly-fishing Activities in the surrounding area include trout fishing, hiking, mountain biking and has a vast variety of fauna and flora. There are also horse trails.
Enjoy a winter break away or summer holiday with us, all amenities within walking distance. We are close to the Kruger National Park, 14 km from Highland Gate Golf course.