The new owners have not only restored the charming Wagon Wheel's dignity but have also upgraded all the deluxe rooms with crisp white percale linen. The newly revamped rooms offer you the best value for money at very affordable rates. To satisfy the needs of all travellers we offer various types of accommodation from Deluxe Rooms, Standard Rooms, Economy Rooms, Self-Catering Rooms, Backpacker as well as Caravan Stands. We have family rooms accommodating up to 6 people. We have 24 bathrooms which have been newly revamped.
The Wagon Wheel Country Lodge offers breakfast and dinner (traditional meals and a la carte) every day of the week. We accommodate overnight travellers, business executives, families as well as tour and conference groups. We are also pet friendly and wheelchair friendly.
Our services include:
* 24 hour reception for late check ins
* Ample secure parking
* 2 swimming pools
* Boma and braai area
* Restaurant and Bar
* Braai packs and wood.
Beaufort West welcomes visitors who wish to study its fascinating ecology. It has been said the Karoo is not so much a place as a feeling. When you come to the Karoo, it captures your soul and actually flees with it, and by the time when your visit is over you realize that it has taken over. With clean air and the beautiful sunsets you will not even want to go back to where you came from. It leaves footprints in you memory and plays with your senses. It offers you a glimpse into the Anglo-Boer War. With this town being the oldest in the Central Karoo, you will be able to hear many interesting stories about the Boer-War that took place through this majestic landscape. Professor Chris Barnard the famous heart surgeon is honoured in three historic buildings, all national monuments, which make up Beaufort West's museums. All gifts awards and presentations made to Chris Barnard are on display in the old town hall, which was built shortly after Beaufort West was proclaimed South Africa's first municipality in 1837. It too is now part of the museum.
In Room Facilities:
We have 17 x Deluxe Rooms with en suite bathrooms, aircon, DSTV and coffee making facilities, 24 Standard Rooms include family rooms, double rooms with twin beds or queen bed or 3 bedded rooms, with air-conditioners, heaters, TV and tea and coffee facilities, 3 x Self Catering Rooms with en suite bathrooms and kitchenette, TV and aircon, 11 x Economy Rooms with en suite bathrooms, ceiling fans and coffee making facilities. We also have backpacker beds and caravan standa.
* Adventure: Sports X-ventures
* Association for People with Disabilities (APD): Handcraft made by persons with disabilities, for sale
* Beaufort West Walk: Explore the historical buildings of Beaufort West on this self guided walk.
* Beaufort West Museum Complex
* Birding: Spot unique birds with Karoo Birding Safaris
* Bow Hunting : Discover a different style of hunting at Leeuwkloof Safaris.
* Donkey Cart Trips : The traditional mode of transportation in the Karoo
* Fossil Exploring, Karoo National Park
* 4x4-Trails : Several places offer a unique experience for the 4x4 enthusiast
* Game drives: - Karoo National Park, Tel. 023-4152828
* Golf Course : Enjoy a round of golf under the blue Karoo skies, on one of the Karoo's few green golf courses.
* Guided Day Trips : - African Kombi Tours, Tel. 082-6416697
- Karoo Reisen, Tel. 084-2555616
- Karoo Spirit, Tel. 082-7873406
- Karoo Birding Safaris, Tel. 083-7247916
* Helicopter flights : Charter, scenic flights, short flips with Cillair
* Hiking Trails : - Karoo National Park, Tel. 023-4152828
- Bergplaats,Tel. 084-8054958
- The Vale Karoo Farm, Tel. 082-9687991
- Hillandale, Tel. 023-4161714
* Horseback riding
* Hunting : Various farms in the area offer hunt.
* Karoo Culture : Monthly events at the Arts & Craft Village
* Karoo Highlands Route : An Open Africa Initiative: self drive route.
* Mountain biking : The remoteness of the Karoo and its dirt roads are favoured by many mountain bikers!
* Olive Farms & Products : Take a tour or buy products at Olive Grove Guestfarm.
* Quad biking : Various guest farms provide quad bike riding
* Rock Art : Visit the rock engraving complex at Nelspoort.
* Scenic Drives : Molteno Pass, De Jager's Pass, Teekloof Pass, Oukloof Pass and others!
* Solitude : Enjoy the solitude and tranquillity that only the Karoo offers!
* Spinwiel Antique Shop & Village Museum : Step into a time gone by... The best kept secret in Beaufort West!
* Stargazing : Find a comfortable place to lie under the stars and marvel at our amazing night skies, often so clear that it feels like you can reach out and pick a star.
* Taste the Unique Karoo Flavours : The Karoo is renowned for its excellent cuisine - come and savour its unique flavours at one of our local fine restaurants.