Douglas Drift is a real country getaway, situated 4.5km outside of Underberg town with magnificent views of the Umzimkulu River. The property sits at 1 561 metres above sea level.
Enjoy fresh air and tranquillity in one of 3 cottages. Should you be a group of people and take all three cottages, there is a bonus – a communal kitchen with all equipment required for cooking , plus braai facilities and outside areas to sit and enjoy the views.
Enjoy a braai or a picnic on the property or walk down to the river for a swim and some fishing. Please note this facility is NOT PET FRIENDLY.
Underberg is situated at the foot of the Sani Pass, in the Southern Drakensberg, which enters into Lesotho; a main attraction to visitors. The mountain views and country activities attract MTB, Hiking and Fly-fishing enthusiasts.
In Room Facilities:
* Rosemary Cottage – a spacious cottage which can accommodate 2 adults in a king size bed ,with fabulous linen. 2 children can be accommodated on mattresses should you require. The en-suite bathroom has a shower and toilet. Tea/coffee making facilities. There is a communal kitchen available for any cooking requirements.
* Old Thumper Cottage : An open plan unit with 5 single beds and 1 bathroom with the use of a communal kitchen. Perfect for sports groups. The communal kitchen offers all equipment for basic self-catering with linen and towels provided.
* Lavender Room : This room offers 1 double bed and 1 single bed and can be used as an extension for Thyme Out Cottage or as a stand alone double or triple room. En-suite bathroom and tea/coffee making facilities. The communal kitchen can be used for an cooking requirements.
SAGE Room : a small twin room with a wet room as a bathroom - shower only. Very limited space.
* Sani Pass Day Tours - 0337011064
* Hiking and Mountain Biking Trails at Sani Spoors
* Golf at The Underberg Country Club
* Tubing on River – Summer Months only
* Horse Trails @ local Farms and Horsing Estates
* Fly-fishing/Fishing in Rivers via the Underberg Himeville
* Fly-Fishing Club on 082636398
* Spa Treatments at House of Health and Beauty – 033 – 7021240 (Joy or Glenda)