Exclusive Hotel in the Historic Heart of Swakopmund
Perfectly positioned on Sam Nujoma Avenue in the picturesque Swakopmund, the luxurious Hotel Zum Kaiser offers direct access to the beach and the town’s vibrant street life, quaint architecture, shopping and fine dining. This exclusive hotel houses 21 fully air-conditioned bedrooms, each featuring a full en-suite bathroom, television, coffee-and tea making facilities, bar fridge, electronic safe and wireless internet.
The tastefully decorated hotel offers a combination of Court Yard Suites, Front Facing Suites and 3 family rooms with inter-leading doors. Each of the Front Facing Suites is equipped with a private balcony to enjoy splendid views of the historic town and partial views of the nearby Atlantic seaboard. Uniquely combining modern furnishings with a touch of classic elegance dating from imperial times, the Hotel Zum Kaiser creates a truly authentic and intimate ambiance.
Enjoy delectable cuisine at the on-site Bistro Zum Kaiser and sip sun-downers whilst experiencing the spectacular sunsets over the Atlantic from the hotel's idyllic Roof Terrace. The Hotel Zum Kaiser is fully equipped and offers the ideal setting for conferences, banqueting and celebrations. Exciting activities in the area can be booked directly at reception.
Let our attentive team welcome you to our kingdom and make you feel like an Emperor.
In Room Facilities:
- Television with 10 DSTV Channels
- Coffee- and Tea making facility
- Complimentary Wireless Internet Connectivity for all guests (code available from reception)
- Electronic Safe
- Bar Fridge (Can be stocked on you request during registration or ask reception)
- Laundry Service - Laundry will be collected in the mornings and delivered in the afternoon/evening
- Room Service (During Bistro Zum Kaiser operating hours) -
Swakopmund is a city on the Atlantic coast of northwestern Namibia, 280 km (175 miles) west of Windhoek, Namibia's capital.
It is the capital of the Erongo administrative district. As a seaside resort, the weather is cooler here in December to January (Namibia's summer months) so the territorial administration moves to Swakopmund for these months.
Swakopmund is a beach resort and an excellently preserved example of German colonial architecture.
It was founded in 1892 as the main harbour for GermanSouth-West Africa. It is one of the few places anywhere outside of Europe where a sizable minority of the population speaks German and has German roots.
- Outstanding staff and attentive concierge service.
- Elevator Service to all three floors of the Hotel.
- 24 Hour Coffee and Tea Facilities with a delicious snack always on display.
- Porter Service to assist our guests with their luggage.
- Book exciting activities in the area directly at reception.
- Bistro Zum Kaiser : The on-site Bistro Zum Kasier offers a unique culinary experience by combining the finest German-Namibian flavours with award-winning wines in a warm and relaxed environment.
- Conference & Function Facilities : The Hotel Zum Kaiser offers the ideal setting for conferencing, banqueting and celebrations.
- Roof Top Terrace : Relax with a sun-downer on the Roof Top Terrace whilst experiencing the spectacular sunsets and views over the Namib Desert and Atlantic Ocean.
- Complimentary Wireless Internet Connectivity for all guests (code available from reception).
Museum of Swakopmund (shows exhibits concerning archaeology, mineralogy, botany, prehistory, early history, German colonial history. It includes also an exhibition about the different peoples of Namibia.
Indoor swimming pool (50m) and a lido close to the beach
Aquarium (feeding sharks)
Old County Court (1908)
County Court (summer residence of the president)
Crystal Palace (mineralmuseum)
House of the Hohenzollern
Casern of the pioneers (1905)
The old train station (1901) - today used as a luxury hotel, Gourmet-restaurant and Casino
Church and rectory of the German Lutheran Community (1911)
Locomotive Martin Luther