Five stylish bedrooms include quality king-size or twin beds, en-suite bathrooms (four of them with bath and free standing shower, where as one has got a free standing shower only), kitchenette (fully equipped with stove / oven, microwave, fridge, kettle, cutlery, crockery etc.) and balcony / verandah with lovely views onto the river and / or countryside. Every unit has a Weber braai at its disposal.
In Room Facilities:
* Stove / oven
* King-size or twin beds
* Shared DSTV
Stilbaai is made up of the sea, the river, the town and the hills.
There are a number of lovely places to swim. They include the beach just to the left of the river mouth and the beach just to the right of the river mouth where all the old houses are. There are a number of magnificent walks in and around the beaches. Always walk with someone. Dogs are not allowed on the beaches. You can take a 10km walk from Stilbaai to Jongensfontein or you can take a walk from the east side up to Preekstoel along a stunning beach.
It is great to swim in the river and just float with the tide. The river water is normally a little warmer than the sea water. Don't swim close to the river mouth because the current is much stronger there. You can hire a boat or a canoe and take a slow trip up the river. Just beware of sandbanks. Pack a basket and have a meal along the banks.
In the hills around Stilbaai there are many paths. In it's own way it is a little paradise and you will see animals and birds and some unique flowers. Make sure you have a camera with you. You should see many varieties of "fynbos" which is an indigenous flowering plant of which there are many species.
You can surf, kitesurf, windsurf or paddle on your surf ski. Many now have fishing skis and if you are a keen fisherman then you can find good spots along the river or in the surf. Ask one of the locals to give you some directions. The fellows at the fishing shops know best.
People in Stilbaai are friendly and will speak to you in your chosen language. If you want to know something just stop and ask. Relax & Enjoy.
If you have any questions or comments please call us on
+27-(0)28 754-3730 or fax us at 0866516651 in South Africa
or e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Weber braais
* Secure Parking
* Outdoor swimming pool
* Communal guest lounge with fireplace
* Property borders on Goukou River
* Attractions: Beach, Biking, Bird Watching, Boating, Kite Surfing, Canoeing, Dinghies, Deep-sea Fishing, Diving, Fishing, Golf, Hiking, Mountain Biking, Nature Reserve, Outdoor Adventures, Paddle Skiing, Sundowners, Swimming, Walks, Whale Watching. Local Attractions and Landmarks
* Canoeing on Goukou River - 0.0 km
* Whale watching in season ( June - November ) - 3.0 km
* 9-hole golf course - 4.0 km
* Palinggat Homestead - feeding of tame eels - 3.0 km
* Spring Wild flowers-Pauline Bohnen Nature Reserve - 1.0 km
* Safe Beaches with excellent surfing - 3.0 km
* Fish Traps - 5.0 km
* Kite Surfing - 3.0 km
* Gin Tasting at Inverroche 028 754 2442
If you have any questions or comments please call us on +27-(0)28 754-3730 or fax us at 0866516651 in South Africa or e-mail us on email@example.com.
In the vicinity:
* Big 5 game viewing 40 minutes away.
* Golf: 2 stunning 9 hole course with fantastic rates, plus 1 in Riversdale and 1 in Albertina.
* Shark Cage diving, 1 hour's drive from Stilbaai
* Garcia Pass (stunning mountain scenery)
Day trips to: Garden Route Game Reserve, Oudtshoorn, Mosselbay, George and Knysna.