Each cottage offers you the following:
* Private outside entrance
* Private entertaining area with braai facilities
* Safe and covered off-street parking for Windpomp and Meerkat.
* Full sized, fully equipped private kitchen
* En-suite spacious bathroom with walk in shower, luxurious bath and vanity
* Lovely bedroom with comfortable bed and 200 Thread count, white poly cotton percale linen
* Mosquito nets and repellent
For your convenience we also offer the following:
* Cottages are serviced daily at no extra cost
* Cell phone service
* International adapters- please ask if required
* Use our bikes at no extra cost
Prince Albert had its origins in 1762 when a loan farm named Kweeckvalleij "the valley of cultivation and plenty" was established in a green and fertile valley at the foot of the awesome Swartberg Mountains.
Today, the town is one of the prettiest in the country - a place of great serenity and charm, with beautiful architecture, fascinating flora and fauna and great Karoo hospitality. Just 2 kms from the foot of the awesome Swartberg Pass, Prince Albert is the perfect base for exploring the wonders of the Swartberg including Gamkaskloof (The Hell) and Meiringspoort.
Hiking, mountain biking, birding and botanical excursions are major attractions. Aside from a superb climate, with a high sunshine index and spectacular night skies, the village itself is a small gem, with beautifully preserved Cape Dutch, Karoo and Victorian buildings. Of these, 19 are National Monuments. Prince Albert is known for its sun-ripened fresh and dried fruit, especially figs and apricots. Karoo lamb, olives, olive oil and homemade cheeses are local delicacies.
Activities for visitors include a guided historical walk through the town, a well marked "koppie trail" with almost 100 listed plants, fossil hunting and stargazing, a tractor trail to the olive farm, traditional Karoo meals and a visit to the delightful Fransie Pienaar Museum - and there is ample hotel and guesthouse accommodation to suit all preferences and pockets.
Prince Albert is well situated for overnight stops from Gauteng, Cape Town and Port Elizabeth. The Garden Route resorts and beaches are two hours south by road. Oudtshoorn, the Cango Caves and the Karoo National Park are just an hour away.
In Room Facilities:
* Vanity area with good lighting, mirrors, hairdryer, lots of hanging space and extra coat hangers
* Lounge and dining areas with cosy, comfortable seating
* Air-Conditioners with heat controls
* Electric blankets with individual controls
* Flat screen TV with Dstv except Meerkat accommodation.
Your kitchen will be equipped with:
* Four plate gas stove (Meerkat has an electric braaipan)
* Microwave, kettle, toaster and coffee plunger.
* Refrigerator with freezer
* Full self-catering inventory
* Salt, pepper, serviettes, placemats and dishwashing liquid are supplied for your convenience.
Prince Albert is filled with exciting and interesting things to see and do. If you stay a while longer, you will be surprised by how much does go on in this tiny Village!
I will name just a few:
* Astro Tours
* Art After Dark at Villa Kruger
* Take a drive or scenic walk around the village taking in its Historical Route including 13 National Monuments. Maps available at the Tourism Office or Museum.
* Bushman Valley offers Hiking trails, fossils, breathtaking views, Bushman shelters and museum.
* Fossil Tours
* Fransie Pienaar Museum
* Ghost Walk
* Hiking (Various Trails)
* The Gallery which hosts numerous art exhibitions during the year
* Holistic Health with Colour Therapy
* John’s Donkey will take you to the dizzying heights of the Swartberg Mountains and down into the depths of ‘The Hel’
* Massages/ Bodytalk
* Guided Nature Walks with Renu-Karoo Veld Restoration
* Saffron Wellness
* The Showroom Theater –A World class theatre and cinema in the this beautiful Karoo Town
* Saturday Market
* Various outstanding Restaurants catering for all from real home cooking right through to those delightful cordon bleu style meals
* Quaint little shops to visit which include antiques, jewellery, interior decorating, Karoo Looms, gifts etc.
* Gay’s Dairy with Cheese tours
* Wine Route with Wine Tasting
* Kredouw Olive Farm
* SoetKaroo wine Estate in the Main street of PrinceAlbert
* Prince Albert Olives & Olive tree Nursery
* Swartrivier Olive Farm
* Weltevrede Fig and Fruit Farm
* Avoova ostrich Eggshell Designs
* Photography and Photographic courses
* Mountain Biking, Cycling and Hiking along various interesting routes
* Swartberg Hiking Trail- collect a map and permit from the * Lazy Lizard restaurant
* Prince Albert Karoo Golf Course
What to see in the area:
* Gamkaskloof/Die Hel
* Gamkapoort Dam
* Swartberg Pass
* Weltevrede Valley
* KKNK in Oudtshoorn
* Oudtshoorn where you can ride an ostrich while visiting an Ostrich Show Farm
* Visit De Rust/Klaarstroom/Oudtshoorn/Calitzdorp for Port etc.
* Rust en Vrede Waterfall; The Great Waterfall
* Cango Caves
* Wilgewandel Holiday Farm en-route to Oudtshoorn
* Buffelsdrift Game Lodge
* Cango Wildlife Ranch- Oudtshoorn