Adjacent to the upstairs en-suite bedroom is another loft style living area with magnificent sea views. The open plan lounge and kitchen offers comfortable seating and dining arrangements for our guests. Pikkewyntjie Cottage caters to the needs of families and a baby cot and -chair is available on request.
* SAFE alarm system
* Radio and CD player
* DVD player
* Baby cot and -chair
* DSTV â?? available at an additional fee to be confirmed 48 hours before arrival
* Linen and bath towels provided
* Housekeeper facilities are available on request at additional cost
Hermanus is a winter rainfall area and summer is usually sunny and dry with the occasional rainshower. The champagne air makes for the perfect weather conditions in early autumn (March to April) with the average temperature in summer roundabout 26 degrees and winter 14 degrees.
In Room Facilities:
Magnificent sea views
* 2 en-suite rooms
* Upstairs en-suite offers a double bed, the downstairs bedrooms each have two single beds that can be arranged into very comfortable King or Queen size beds (arrangement of beds can be made beforehand in order to ensure a relaxed stay)
* Open-plan beach style living
* Fully-fitted kitchen (cutlery, crockery, basic kitchen appliances, microwave, oven-stove combination, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble drier, dishwasher and ironing facilities)
* Outside braai
Hermanus offers some of the best known shore-based whale watching experiences in the world! Escape the buzz of Hermanus to the unperturbed and lovely retreat of Vermont. Vermont forms part of the Cape Whale coast route, is a mere 10 minute drive from the town centre of Hermanus and just over 90 minutes from Cape Town. It is here where you will find Pikkewyntjie Cottage, a cosy self-catering fisherman's cottage. This is the perfect place to come to, to slow down and let everything go. It offers excellent sea views for whale watching (July-December) with only the green belt separating you from the ocean. In addition to this, stretching in front of Pikkewyntjie Cottage is what is known as the Vermont Trail - a beautiful scenic coastal path intercepted with tidal pools that connects the sheltered â??Brekfis Baaiâ?? (breakfast) to Onrus Rivier. We are looking forward to welcome you at Pikkewyntjie Cottage.