1201 Ocean View offers affordable luxury and is ideally suited for family holiday accommodation, business conferencing or for guests wanting to escape the fast paced city life.
This fully furnished luxury apartment can accommodate 1 to 6 guests comfortably in warm modern contemporary finishes. The uniquely designed building offers facilities that will have family holiday makers entertained for hours long while ensuring that guest are protected by 24 hour CCTV surveillance and controlled reception area for peace of mind.
Situated just a few minutes drive away from the famous Erinvale golf course designed by Gary Player and just 5 minutes away from Somerset shopping mall 1201 Ocean View is found in close proximity to Strand’s nearby attractions.
* Fully equipped kitchen with all necessary utensils and cutlery.
* Side by side fridge/freezer.
* Oven & stove.
* Iron and ironing board.
* Separate scullery area with dishwasher, washing machine and sink.
* Swimming pool with splash pool overlooking the beach.
* Communal barbeque area with small garden area.
* 24 Hour controlled reception area & CCTV surveillance.
* Remote controlled gate entry into premises.
* Secure underground parking.
* Two lifts commuting guest between floors.
Strand was founded in 1714 and originated a few hundred years ago as a holiday and fishing resort.
The name “Strand” is also known as “beach” in Afrikaans and has a population of approximately 50 000 people, which is located on the eastern edge of False Bay situated at the foot of the Hottentots Holland Mountains.
This beautiful location is found just between Macassar and Gordon’s Bay and is approximately 50km southeast of Cape Town. It has become a renowned holiday destination for locals and tourist who flock to the beach whether it be for the occasional sun set drive, soaking up the sun on the endless amount of sandy beaches or playing a game of golf or two, Strand has become a destination well known to locals and tourists.
The surrounding areas offer endless amount of activities to keep guests entertained including 5 golf courses, the famous Stellenbosch wine lands, Blue Rock Cable Water Ski, shark cage diving, Monkey Town and many more. Have a look at our attractions page for more surrounding attraction.
In Room Facilities:
* En-suite bathroom
* 32 inch Samsung LCD TV
* DSTV- full premium bouquet
* Digital safe
* Linen and two sets of towels provided
* Single seater sofa
* Full sea views leading on to 55 square meter wrap around balcony
* Blue Rock is found on the slopes of the Helderberg Mountains just before Sir Lowry’s Pass. Lake Blue Rock offers spectacular crystal clear water and a depth of 60m. Blue Rock’s main attraction is their cable (overhead pulling system) which is used for all sorts of waterskiing and is ideally suited for wakeboarding.
* Monkey Town is a wildlife center for monkeys and apes with more than 230 animals and 28 different exotic species. Monkey Town also has koi ponds, a variety of bird species and small antelope on the premises.
* This is an opportunity to meet a Great White Shark up and personal in a secured underwater cage. Shark Cage Dive Africa offers shark cage viewing and diving trips in around Cape Point, False Bay and Gansbaai.
* Erinvale Golf Estate.
This beautiful manicured golf course is situated Somerset West boasts spectacular mountain and sea views. The course was host to the 1996 World Cup of Golf in which thirty two participating nations competed. The front nine is on the flat, winding between many houses, while the back nine climbs up the lower slopes of the magnificent Helderberg mountain.
More things to do and see in the Helderberg region.
* The mountain that is visible from the Strand is called the Helderberg Mountain and the district is named after it.
Whale watching in Gordon’s Bay and on Clarence Drive R44 (scenic coastal drive).
* Dolphins & seals are around all year (visible from beaches/scenic coastal drive).
* Helderberg Nature Reserve (021) 851 4060/6982.
* Lady Phillips Tea Garden (021) 8471346.
* Steenbras Dam (hiking only) (021) 850 4000.
* Deep Sea Fishing (021) 855 4752.
* Sunset Cruises from Strand’s harbour.
* Speedboat & Jet Ski Adventures in Harbour Island.
* Christmas Lights Festival (021) 851 4022.
* Lwandle Hostel Museum and Arts & Crafts Centre (021) 845 6119.
* Monkey Town monkey viewing (021) 858 1060.
* Blue Rock Cable Water Ski (021) 858 1330.
* Nature Quad Rides (021) 842 3217.