* Self-Catering, Accommodates up to 4 people in 2 bedrooms.
* Ground floor apartment with private garden.
* Lock-up garage and a secure open parking available.
* Limited Wi-Fi internet available with prior arrangement.
* Communal swimming pool and garden
* Daily service can be arranged at an additional charge on request
* Swimming Towels.
The French corner of the Cape, Franschhoek lies in one of the most beautiful wine valleys in the world, just 45 minutes’ from Cape Town and within half an hour of the Stellenbosch, Paarl, Wellington and Somerset West wine routes.
This traditionally French town is the food and wine capital of the country and one would be hard pressed to dispute the claim. Eight of the top 100 restaurants in the country are found in Franschhoek, there are nigh on 30 wine cellars and over 28 restaurants from which to choose for your gastronomic experience. The Franschhoek valley has recently launched a Cap Classique route that includes nine cellars, within a distance of 4 km, in a combined marketing initiative. The sparkling wine tour includes teaching visitors about the methods of making Cap Classique in a unique attempt to add value to wine consumption.
Originally known as the Valley of the Huguenots, a community of French Huguenots were granted land in this valley by the Dutch government of the Cape, after fleeing their homeland when Protestantism was outlawed in France in 1685. Today, many of the wine farms still bear their original French names and most of these farms have beautiful examples of Cape Dutch architecture.
Franschhoek’s village has a wonderful collection of art and antique shops and galleries and the main streets are lined with restaurants and coffee shops. It is easy to spend a day here and it serves as an excellent springboard to other wine routes and the Four Passes Fruit Route, of which Franschhoek is also part; and there are a number of walking trails in the surrounding mountains, for the more energetic.
For in depth reviews of this charming town see our articles at:
* Franschhoek Reviewed
* Heads we take the N1, Tails the N2 ....
* Franschhoek Sunset Drive.
* Things you simply Must Do in Franschhoek.
* More Things to Do in Franschhoek.
* 10 Fabulous Things to Do when next in Franschhoek.
* 24 Hours in Franschhoek.
In Room Facilities:
* Main bedroom:
Double bed, Plasma TV, Air-conditioning, Hair Dryer, Linen & blankets, en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, heated towel rail, towels.
* Second bedroom:
Twin beds, Linen & blankets, Separate bathroom, shower, heated towel rail, towels.
Air-conditioned, Television with satellite Dish & DVD player.
Indoor gas fireplace.
Fully equipped with modern appliances including microwave and dishwasher. The washing machine and tumble dryer are set up in the garage.
* Dining Room:
Open plan style living with lounge, dining and kitchen areas.
* Private garden:
* Patio furniture & umbrella.
* Cape Winelands Biosphere Reserve
* Franschhoek Motor Museum
* Jonkershoek Nature Reserve
* Limietberg Nature Reserve.
* Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve.
* Bread & Wine Restaurant.
* Café BonBon.
* Elephant and Barrel Village Pub.
* Lunch at Rickety Bridge.
* Reuben's Restaurant & Bar.
* Cape Chamonix Wine Farm.
* Do a Private Wine Tour.
* Franschhoek Wine Tram.
* Galleria Gibello.
* Solms-Delta Wine Estate.