Morning Glory Cottages is situated on the old family Working farm Gelykfontein, a well known Thoroughbred Stud farm established in 1935. The owners are the 5th generation of van der Walts on the farm since 1884.
The Guest House consists of two Self Catering- Cottages and 4 Comfortable En-suite Garden Rooms all with own entrances.
Morning Glory Cottages no longer has a dinning room.
In Room Facilities:
* TV 's with Guest House Bouqet (Movie Channels,Sport Channels,Kyknet)
* Ceiling Fans in all rooms.
* Separate entrances for each unit.
* Tea and Coffee making Facilities.
* Mini Fridges
* Fresh Bore hole Water.
* Stylish In-room Amenities.
* Iron and Iron board available from office.
*Aircons in Main Bed Rooms
* Serviced daily by the Morning Glory Cottages housekeeping team.
One of the most appealing attractions of Venterstad, a small town situated on one of the Southern spurs of the Gariep Dam, is its proximity to the Oviston Nature Reserve. This 13,000 hectare reserve runs alongside the Gariep Dam and conserves part of the Upper Karoo ecosystem.
*Morning Glory has closed the restaurant/ Dinning room at the start of 2019. light meals are now available to enjoy in the comfort of your room or in the Garden.
* Idyllic setting with garden and Splash pool.
* Peace and tranquillity.
* Glorious sunsets.
* Field walks with amazing nature vistas.
* Star gazing.
* Bird watching.
* Informal Mountain biking on farm tracks.
* Game self drives on adjacent Oviston Nature Reserve.
* Braai facilities and braai cupboard under thatched lapa with built in braai in shady garden.
* Ample & Safe parking.
* Interaction with farm Animals
* Dinner & Breakfast by 24 hr Prior Arrangement
* Licensed Bar available
* Good old Fashioned Karoo Hospitality.
Located on a Working Family Farm.
Thoroughbred Horse Stud since 1935,
Rubicon Merino Sheep,
Indigenous Veldt Goats,
Adjacent to the Oviston Nature Reserve,
The country's largest dam is a magnet to water sports enthusiasts and there is excellent fishing in the Gariep Dam,
Anglo Boer War Sites in the area.