The unspoilt river meanders through this pristine valley and is sublime for swimming, boating, canoeing, fishing and exploring. Or head for the surrounding hills on the many nature walks, mountain bike trails and a spot of bird-watching.
The farmhouse is home from home – private, comfortable, open plan and offers contemporary luxuries. The outdoor patio area (braai and outside lounge) flows from the living and main bedroom, then onto onto a rolling lawn down to the river.
Directly on the river is the highlight of Marshall Farm, an enchanting deck, with outdoor lounge, fire pit/ 2nd braai area connected to a floating jetty right on the river. This special place is a perfect retreat for lazy afternoons and sun downers or early evenings spent with a crackling fire overlooking the river with a fishing line in the water.
* 2 x outside BBQs, wood provided
* Indoor fireplace
* swimming towels and umbrella provided
*Bring your own food, condiments and drinking water, Closest supermarket in
Riversdale 30 minutes drive away
* Salt/Pepper, toilet paper, washing up liquid/tea clothes provided
* Complimentary coffee, tea and sugar provided
In Room Facilities:
* Bedroom 1 (main bedroom) has a king size bed
* Bedroom 2 has a queen size bed
* Bedroom 3 is mezzanine (1 queen and 2 singles) above the living space separated by a screen
* Bedroom 4 is in attic ( 3 singles), ideal for teenagers accessed from an outside staircase
* 2 bathrooms (1 with a bath and 1 with a shower)
* TV with DSTV satellite *guests must bring their own DSTV decoder and card
* NO Wi-Fi
*The owner suggests that you may want to bring your own drinking water.
* Water (heated with a gas geyser) for bathing and showering is from a spring,
and not normal municipal supply
boating and canoeing, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, swimming, bird watching, chilling