The unspoilt river meanders through this pristine valley and is sublime for swimming, boating, canoeing, fishing and exploring. Or head for the surrounding hills on the many nature walks, mountain bike trails and a spot of bird-watching.
The farmhouse is home from home – private, comfortable, open plan and offers contemporary luxuries. The outdoor patio area flows from the living and main bedroom onto a rolling lawn down to the river. An outdoor lounge and BBQ is the perfect setting for family and friends to gather after the day’s activities.
As mentioned the highlight of Marshall Farm is the enchanting outdoor lounge and jetty built right on the river. This special place is a perfect retreat for lazy afternoons and sundowners or early evenings spent with a crackling fire overlooking the river and fishing directly off the jetty.
* 2 x built in BBQs, wood provided
* Indoor fireplace
* swimming towels and umbrella provided
* Owner's 15 HPW motor boat available to rent arranged directly with owner
please at extra cost (approx 500 rands per day excluding petrol,
launch/retrieval and cleaning fee). Guests will be required to contact the
owner and arrange, have prior boating experience and sign an indemnity
*Bring your own food, condiments and drinking water, Closest supermarket in
Riversdale 30 minutes drive away
* Salt/Pepper, toilet paper, washing up liquid/tea clothes provided
* Complimentary coffee, tea and sugar provided
In Room Facilities:
* 1 x king bedroom
* 1 x queen bedroom with twin single beds – mezzanine level (has screen for privacy, not a closed private room)
* 1 x queen bedroom with single bed – accessed from outside
* 1 x twin single bedroom
* 2 bathrooms (1 with a bath and 1 with a shower)
* TV with DSTV satellite *guests must bring their own DSTV decoder and card
* iPod docking station on request
* NO Wi-Fi
*The owner suggests that you may want to bring your own drinking water.
* Water (heated with a gas geyser) for bathing and showering is from a spring,
and not normal municipal supply
Hiking, mountain biking, fishing, swimming, bird watching, boating, canoeing