In Room Facilities:
* Wall heaters.
* Electric blankets.
* Quality beds with pure cotton bed linen.
* Hypo-allergic feather down feel duvets and pillows.
* Quality bath towels.
* Built in cupboards in all bedrooms.
* A Safe for valuables (master bedroom).
* In-room Spa facilities (at additional charge), including massages, pedicures, manicures, facials, lash tinting and more. Pre-booking required (at least 1 day notice).
Hout Bay village is a very popular tourist destination for families and travelers as it is very close to Cape Town (20 km) and has a large variety of activities to offer, as well as all amenities such as wonderful shopping center's, art galleries and craft shops, fantastic food and craft markets, lovely deli’s and many excellent restaurants. Hout Bay has character and charm with a wonderful balance between the old and new, with a rich history and a modern pace. The ‘World of Birds’ with the famous monkey jungle, where the mischievous squirrel monkeys play with kids and adults, is a ‘must’ on the list of things to do.
Hout Bay has its own working harbour that is the home of the tuna, snoek and crayfish fleets. Choose your own 'catch of the day’ from the fish market or take a boat trip to Seal Island. Experience jet skiing and high speed boat trips as well as spectacular daily cruises. Watch the seals and seagulls enjoy the treats from the fishermen at the harbour, or the fishermen at work. Enjoy the festivity and the vibe of mixed cultures, whilst being entertained with traditional music of the Cape Minstrels in their colorful attire. Seal snorkeling tours available for the more adventurous!
Hout Bay has a wonderful variety of markets, all with great ambiance and well worth a visit. The famous Sunday Craft market is a fabulous fair for all to enjoy, including pony rides and jumping castles to keep the children happy. The indoor BAY HARBOUR MARKET right at the end of the harbour (park at 'Fish on the Rocks' restaurant) is fantastic, open on Saturdays and Sundays between 9am and 5pm. This market is very similar to the famous market at the ‘Old Biscuit Mill’ in Woodstock, with many yummie food stalls and interesting crafts, clothes and vintage stores.
Hout Bay has more than 60 eateries to choose from. Most of them are family run and offer warm hospitable service, Hout Bay is a wonderful community.
There are many, many scenic walks, picnic spots and hikes to choose from in and around Hout Bay. From easy circular forest walks at Constantia Nek to stunning hikes for more experienced hikers, such as the Karbonkelberg hike from above the harbour, or the most mind-blowing hike up Chapman’s Peak. There are ample mountain-bike trails as well.
Local tourist information office rents out electrical bicycles and can arrange for all kind of tours and activities.
Llandudno's pristine beach with white sand, boulders and sunsets dropping into the Ocean, is 5km away from the house, well worth a visit for s sunset stroll or watch the local surfers catch their waves.
Famous Chapman's peak drive is a MUST DO, this is one of the most beautiful and dramatic coastal road's in the World, with dropping cliffs, beautiful Mountain ranges and Bay views, as well as interesting engineering structures to keep the rocks from falling. This toll road takes about 20 minutes and offers spectacular sunsets, it starts in Hout Bay and takes you to the lovely countryside feel village Noordhoek, with horse paddocks, farms, and a lovely heart of the village called the farm village, with great coffee shops and restaurants, quaint shops, and a fantastic Deli. Noordhoek's wide beach stretches for 8km of white sand.
We have a house manual at the cottage filled with local restaurants tips and recommended activities.
Plenty of super markets in the village (including Woolworths, Super Spar, Checkers and Pick&Pay.
Fully equipped kitchen including:
* Stainless steel gas stove/electric oven.
* Fridge/Freezer Defy 370L.
* Coffee plunger.
* Nespresso Machine
* Laundry facilities.
* Washing machine.
* Tumble Dryer.
* Laundry rack.
* Iron and ironing board.
* Barbecue (braai).
* Indoor fireplace.
* Outdoor dining table and sun loungers.
* Pool towels.
* Collection of books and magazines.
* Brochures and travel tips.
* WI-FI Internet access (uncapped).
* Large Solar-heated pool.
* Wall-mounted Smart TV with satellite channels and Netflix.
In the master bedroom is a second TV with satellite channels and with DVD player.
* The pool has a removable safety fence for toddler's safety.
* Beautiful custom-made designer cot (for babies up to 9 months old).
* A solid wooden cot with mattress (for babies up to 3 years old).
* Baby changing mat.
* Toddlers table and chairs.
* Wooden high chair.
* Baby bath.
* Ample children's toys and books.
* Three times a week cleaning service during weekdays inclusive in rates (mon-wed-fri). Pre-and after cleaning inclusive in rates.
* Ironing of personal laundry and babysitting available at additional cost.
* Car hire and airport transfers by prior arrangement.
* Property manager 24 hour standby.
* Pool and garden serviced weekly.
* Free parking in single garage plus off-street parking available.
* Security: The house is situated next to neighbours on all sides and offers excellent security, it has a fully enclosed garden with high perimeter walls, electric fencing, street lights, a full alarm system linked to security company, outdoor perimeter beams all around the house, and even burglar bars on the bedroom windows for extra sense of security to ensure peaceful sleeps. There is a dedicated patrol in the street as well as monitored camera's in the street, including one street camera pointing at the parking bay, garage, entrance gate, boundary walls.
There are various beautiful wine farms in close proximity to Hout Bay. The famous Groot Constantia Wine Estate is part of the Constantia wine route that starts 5km from the cottage at Constantia Nek.
One of the most spectacular Wine Farms is situated in Noordhoek, the Cape Point Vineyards, a mere 15-20 minute drive over Chapmans' Peak. The Cape Point Vineyards boast 360 degrees panoramic views, over the dam, the ocean, the vineyards sloping up the mountains and the beautifully tendered gardens. There is a vibrant Foodmarket on Cape Point Vineyards on Thursday evenings, not to be missed! One can also pre-order a picnic basket and have a picnic on the estate, or a fine dining experience with beautiful sunsets over the lake and ocean.
Table Mountain Cable Car is 20km drive, V&A Waterfront and Cape Town City Centre 25km, Cape Point Nature Reserve 40km, Penguins at Boulders beach 30km.
There is a City-sightseeing bus stop right by the harbour, 400 meters from the cottage. Hop on and off this famous topless red bus to visit Cape Town's Major Tourist attractions. There are various routes, stops include Table Mountain Cable Car, V&A Waterfront, Camps Bay Boulevard, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Constantia Wine farms, Cape Town City Centre. There is also a Cape Point Bus Route, this bus stops at the penguins at Boulders beach as well as Cape Point Nature Reserve. Uber taxi's are also a great way to travel. We do recommend a car in order for one to explore all the fantastic surroundings in your own time and have the freedom to go anywhere at anytime and for practical reasons such as carrying groceries.