Villa Tanteralie is a self-catering apartment situated in Yzerfontein. The establishment is ideal for a family looking for comfortable lodging, close to the beach and away from the hustle and bustle of city life. This ground-floor apartment is tastefully decorated and has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an open-plan living area. Two of the bedrooms each have a double bed and the third bedroom has two bunk beds and a double bed (Linen Included).
The bathrooms each have a shower, basin, and toilet. Hair dryer, hand soap, startup toilet paper and bath towels included but no beach towels provided. The kitchen in the flat is well-equipped and contains a fridge-freezer, a microwave, a mini oven with a two-plate stove, a kettle, a toaster, and crockery and cutlery.
The lounge has comfortable seating arrangements, and there is a TV with full DSTV and a DVD player for media entertainment. The flat has its own private garden with patio furniture, as well as a portable braai. The landlord resides on the premises, and will gladly attend to any questions or needs. Villa Tanteralie is located 700 metres from the beach, and is a short drive from various shops, restaurants, and other facilities. Secure parking and a spacious garden area with lawn will provide with peace of mind for kids and cars!
Things to do in Yzerfontein:
1. Bird watchers can try and spot the endangered Black Tobie on the beach or head to the saltpans to view the Pelicans and Flamingos.
2. Be on the lookout for Southern Right and Humpback whales who frequent the area for most of the year.
3. Enjoy the indigenous gardens, which can be seen everywhere.
4. The main beach is the original area where former farmers of the area used to stockpile their cattle.
5. Visit and view the rock excavations located just before the harbour entrance.
6. Visit the Kalkbranders, located next to the oldest building in Yzerfontein, the Fish House, and learn about its history.
7. Visit the beach near Kelp Street during low tide and try and spot the abandoned tractor. Locals will be able to fill you in on the background story while you get to know the area.
8. Order a picnic basket, visit Schaapeiland and take a walk along the footpath to the harbour.
9. Enjoy the sunset from the harbour wall and look out over Meeurots with the 16 Mile Beach in the distance.
10. Enjoy some Gift Shop shopping by popping in at Pretty Cute, Wild Flour, PeriWinkles, and Blikaspaai.
11. Fresh Fish is for sale from fishermen arriving at the port at the Fish Market. Or you can buy frozen products from Dassen Seafoods.
12. On your way to Yzerfontein, don’t forget to stop at Weskus Padstal and Beaulah Farm Deli on the R27
13. Enjoy coffee and conversation at Wild Flour, Feast, Boathouse, Beaches and Droograk.
14. Freshly baked goods and delicious coffee is on offer at Rosemead Artisan Bakery.
15. Tuck into fresh seafood in the open air Strandkombuis restaurant.
16. Keep a look out for camels on the R315
17. Enjoy dinner at Meeurots and Lulas
18. Friday nights are Pizza nights at Yzervark Bistro
19. Walk all of, or part of, the 16 Mile Beach.
20. Rent bicycles from Yzerfontein Explorer and see the town on two wheels!
21. Enjoy a wide variety of watersports in Yzerfontein
22. Yzerfontein offers unlimited bike routes – just bring your bike or rent one.
23. Walk the town at your leisure
24. Join the Park Run / Walk every Saturday morning.
25. Walk up Klein Windhoek farm.