Set within the heart of a serene 2,500-hectare nature reserve, just 30 minutes from Port Elizabeth’s golden beaches, Hopewell Conservation Estate boasts a sophisticated retreat with the Hopewell Luxury Villa, as well as an idyllic escape with the Hopewell Glamping Experience - complemented by hotel standard facilities.
Encompassed by the breath-taking natural beauty of the Garden Route, Bavaainskloof Mega-Reserve and acclaimed larger Eastern Cape conservation area, this picturesque escape is the ideal location from which to explore the region’s wealth of natural, cultural and historical treasures.
In Room Facilities:
The Luxury Villa:
This contemporary style self-catering Luxury Villa accommodates up to 10 guests and includes 4 bedrooms. The master bedroom has a king-size bed and the remaining 3 each have queen size beds – one of which also has two additional single beds (great for families sharing). The Villa boasts 4 bathrooms (3 en-suite), fully equipped kitchen, open plan dining room lounge area, indoor fireplace, laptop-friendly workspace, WiFi, TV, Netflix, DSTV Go, dining cellar, and laundry facilities.
The Hopewell Luxury Villa's elegantly furnished interior living spaces flow seamlessly onto multiple outdoor relaxation areas. Its open-concept design provides unbroken scenic views from every living space, ensuring guests can easily spot the over 150 different bird species or elusive night-time residents as they relax in refined comfort.
With its emphasis on fluidity between indoor and outdoor living, a stay at Hopewell Villa is a truly immersive experience. Bushbuck and kudu frequently browse on the villa’s adjacent thicket, allowing for magical encounters.
Nestled atop a gently flowing stream and overlooking the stunning Hopewell Conservation Estate, this four-bedroom contemporary style villa is a modern oasis, designed to embrace and enhance guests’ experience of their richly diverse surroundings in one of South Africa’s ultimate biodiversity hotspots.
The Hopewell Glamping Experience:
Settled into the gentle slopes of this pristine nature reserve, Hopewell Conservation Estate’s Glamping experience offers an idyllic encounter with the rich natural beauty and heritage of South Africa’s Eastern Cape.
The Glamping Village, adjacent to the Vineyard Clubhouse, consists of four comfortable Safari-style Tents and a Luxury Cabin - the first of its kind in South Africa.
The skilfully appointed cabin sleeps two and enjoys a range of top-class finishes including a queen bed with crisp percale linen, en-suite bathroom with shower, fluffy towels and bathroom amenities, a complete modern kitchenette, sleeper couch, fireplace and flat-screen TV.
Wake up surrounded by serene vistas and relax as you soak in the view, the fresh air and enjoy a warm cuppa from the comfort of this beautiful modern oasis.
Each spacious tent accommodates 2 guests and is fully furnished with all the creature comforts, from en-suite bathrooms and hot showers to percale linen, plush fleece blankets, petite kitchenette on the covered deck and Weber kettle braai.
With mobile connectivity, access to the Estates sparkling 18 m swimming pool, and complimentary WiFi (available at the adjacent Vineyard Clubhouse), it is all the pleasure of a bush camping adventure enhanced by the amenities of hotel luxury.
Hopewell Conservation Estate is located 25 minutes from Port Elizabeth's CBD. Adjacent to the Baviaanskloof, spectacular scenery awaits those wanting to escape the City yet be in nature. Other close-by attractions include:
* Wedgewood Golf estate - 5 min
* Baywest Shopping Mall - 10 min
* Seaview Predator Park - 20 minutes
* Greenacres Hospital - 20 min
* World-class beaches - Sardinia Bay - 20 min
* Kragga Kamma Game Park - 20 min
* Sunridge Village Shopping Centre - 20 min
* Port Elizabeth International airport - 25 min
* Addo Elephant National Park - 50 minutes
The architectural award-winning Vineyard Clubhouse is located within easy reach of the Villa, Luxury Cabin and Glamping Tents. The clubhouse’s unique ambience is perfectly suited to hosting wedding cocktails and canapés, corporate events, family celebrations or any intimate occasion.
Although Glamping Village guests are welcome to utilize the complimentary Wifi and relax in the clubhouse’s shared lounge area, it should be noted that the clubhouse might, on occasion, not be available owing to a private event/function booking.
Walking trails offer great birding opportunities and rest stops along the trail offer areas to relax and enjoy the tranquillity.
Further Glamping Amenities include use of the shared open-air Boma area; access to the luxury 18m pool with children’s section; 25 km self-drive Game Drive route (high ground clearance vehicle required) and complimentary use of multi-purpose trails ideal for MTB, running and hiking.
The Hopewell Experience:
• Watch the sunrise over the valley while listening to the dawn chorus of over 150 bird species
• Explore the rich diversity of life across five of South Africa’s nine recognised biomes, all found within the reserve. An unforgettable experience whether you opt for a gentle walk or choose to up the pace and on a network of multi-purpose nature trails ideal for hiking, trail running and mountain biking.
• Appreciate the splendour of watching indigenous game including giraffe, Cape mountain zebra and eland in a millennia-old landscape on the 25km self-drive game drive route (high ground clearance vehicle required).
• Enjoy a private game drive through the world-renowned Addo Elephant National Park. Situated just 50 minutes from Hopewell Conservation Estate, Addo Elephant National Park is South Africa's third-largest game reserve and home to 7 of South Africa's Big 8 (T&C apply).
• Take in a round of golf at the nearby Wedgewood Golf Course (T&C apply).
• Relax in the crystal clear and refreshing waters of the 18-metre estate pool.
• Revitalize with one of several massage packages on offer (T&C apply).
• Be mesmerized by the brilliant African night sky in the warmth of a blazing boma fire.
• Fall asleep to the sounds of a gently flowing stream and an evening symphony of cicadas, tree frogs and fiery-necked nightjars.