Set within the heart of a serene 2,500-hectare nature reserve, just 30 minutes from Port Elizabeth’s golden beaches, Hopewell Conservation Estate boasts a sophisticated retreat with the Hopewell Luxury Villa, as well as an idyllic escape with the Hopewell Tented Camp - complimented by Hotel Standard Facilities.
Encompassed by the breath-taking natural beauty of the Garden Route, Bavaainskloof Mega-Reserve and acclaimed larger Eastern Cape conservation area, this picturesque escape is the ideal location from which to explore the region’s wealth of natural, cultural and historical treasures.
Hopewell Vineyard Clubhouse and Restaurant is located close-by with easy access to the Villa and tents.
Our Executive Chef, who has traveled extensively with The Mantis Collection now prepares sumptuous meals at the Vineyard Clubhouse by appointment.
Walking trails lead off from the Houses and offer great Birding opportunities, picnic area along the trail offer areas to relax and enjoy the tranquillity.
Hopewell Conservation Estate is located 25 minutes from Port Elizabeth's CBD. Adjacent to the Baviaanskloof, spectacular scenery awaits those wanting to escape the City yet be in nature. Other close-by attractions include:
• Seaview Lion Park - 11.8 km
• Seaview Game & Lion Park - 11.9 km
• Chelsea Mashie Golf Club - 12.6 km
• Kragga Kamma Game Park - 13.5 km
• Sunridge Village Shopping Centre - 15.6 km
The Hopewell Experience:
The Vineyard Clubhouse is located close-by with easy access to the Houses and Glamping Village. Our Executive Chef, who has travelled extensively with The Mantis Collection now prepares sumptuous meals at the Sentry Vineyard Clubhouse. Walking trails lead off from the Houses and offer great Birding opportunities, and picnic areas along the trail offer areas to relax and enjoy the tranquillity.
• Enjoy a complimentary coffee and tea tray whilst watching the sun rise over the valley and listening to the dawn chorus of over 150 bird species
• Explore the rich diversity of life across five of South Africa’s nine recognised biomes, all found within the reserve. An unforgettable experience whether you opt for a guided walk, horse safari or choose to explore the 55 kilometres of mountain bike trails on offer.
• Appreciate the splendour of watching indigenous game, including giraffe, Cape mountain zebra and eland in a millennia old landscape and as they wander through your camp
• Enjoy a private game drive through the world-renowned Addo Elephant National Park. Situated just 50 minutes from Hopewell Conservation Estate, Addo Elephant National Park is South Africa's third largest game reserve and home to 7 of South Africa's Big 8.
• Take in a round of golf at The Wedgewood Golf Course
• Relax in the crystal clear and refreshing waters of an 18-metre pool
• Revitalize with one of several massage packages on offer
• Sample sumptuous delights at the Vineyard Clubhouse (Breakfast and Dinner included)
• Be mesmerized by the brilliant African night sky in the warmth of a blazing fire
• Fall asleep to the sounds of a gently flowing stream and an evening symphony of cicadas, tree frogs and fiery-necked nightjars.
In Room Facilities:
The Luxury Villa:
This contemporary style Luxury Villa has both catered and self-catering options, accommodates up to 10 guests and includes: 4 en-suite bedrooms with queen size beds – one of which has two beds (great for families sharing); 4 en-suite baths; fully equipped kitchen; dining room; dining cellar; indoor fireplace; laptop friendly workspace; WiFi; TV; Netflix; and laundry facilities.
The Hopewell Luxury Villa boasts elegantly furnished interior living spaces that flow seamlessly onto multiple outdoor relaxation areas. Nestled atop a gently flowing stream, the villa creates unrivalled opportunities to observe herds of eland, Cape mountain zebra and other plains of game feeding casually on the surrounding vegetation. Bushbuck and kudu frequently browse on the villa’s adjacent thicket, allowing for magical encounters. With its emphasis on fluidity between indoor and outdoor living, a stay at Hopewell Villa is a truly immersive experience. It’s open-concept design provides unbroken scenic views from every living space, ensuring guests can easily spot the over 150 different bird species or elusive night-time residents as they relax in refined comfort.
Overlooking the stunning Hopewell Conservation Estate, the four-bedroom contemporary style villa is a modern oasis, designed to embrace and enhance guests’ experience of their richly diverse surroundings in one of South Africa’s ultimate biodiversity hotspots.
The Hopewell tented camps:
In the foothills of the majestic Groot Winterhoek Mountain Range, nestled in a hidden valley at the heart of a pristine nature reserve lies the Hopewell Tented Camp, offering an idyllic escape and indulgently intimate encounter with the rich natural beauty and heritage of South Africa’s Eastern Cape.
The Hopewell Tented Camp, adjacent to our restaurant, The Sentry Vineyard Clubhouse, consists of five comfortable tents that lie within the Hopewell Conservation Estate. While the location boasts the reserve's natural beauty and tranquil surrounds, each tent also sleeps 2 people and is complimented with luxury percale linen, electric blankets, fluffy towels, organic Healing Earth products, a hot shower and en-suite bathroom facilities. With complimentary breakfast and dinner as well as WiFi and mobile connectivity (at the Vineyard Clubhouse), it’s all the pleasure of a bush camping adventure enhanced by the amenities of hotel luxury.
Further Glamping Amenities Include: A coffee and tea tray; open Boma area and braai (BBQ); communal rest area at the Vineyard Clubhouse Restaurant with FREE Wi-Fi; access to the luxury 18m pool; and 55km of MTB, running and hiking trails.
* Wedgewood Golf estate - 5 min
* Baywest Shopping Mall - 10 min
* Port Elizabeth International airport - 25 min
* Greenacres Hospital - 20 min
* World class beaches - Sardinia Bay - 20 min