Stress-free Accommodation is available during the COVID-19 period on a self-catering basis as well as with bed-& -breakfast, in which case a separate fee is charged per person. We have several braai facilities that are widespread on our premises and we'll also offer breakfast & dinner-braai as a "room service" option during your stay.
Each room also has a bar fridge and a tea/coffee station which is serviced daily.
Our staff levels are restricted to the minimum required to run the business efficiently to contain any health risks to all our stakeholders.
All visitors & guests will be required to complete a travel and health declaration 2 days prior to arrival as well as to commit to healthy hygiene levels prior to and during their stay at Thandile. We offer walking – and mountain bike trails on our +-200h of game farm stocked with kudu, impala, warthog, giraffe, vervet monkeys, bushbuck & zebra.
Please note we do not have TVs but we do offer free WIFI so guests are welcome to bring their own laptops/smart phones along to watch their favourite program/Netflix/Showmax.
Total accommodation available - 20 bed at Main Lodge (7 units-9 rooms) consisting of
Large entertainment area with the only WiFi hot spot in the area.
2 Family suite with 2 bedrooms (1 double bed and 2 single bed) and 1 double bed sleeper couch.
1 Double bedroom and double bed sleeper couch.
4 Double bedrooms
In addition: we offer 2 Self-contained cottages (4-sleeper each) in the rustic Bush camp at a location 300m from the Main Lodge
In Room Facilities:
Luxury accommodation with high yellow wood ceilings in double bedrooms.
Full on-suite bathroom including shower, bath and toilet.
* Non smoking
* Private entrance
* Room serviced daily
* Wireless internet
* Allergy-proof duvets
* Fireplace in lounge area
* Lounge area
* Hair dryer
* Tea and coffee tray
* No TV or aircon
“Thandile” is a Zulu word which means “I loved it”, a past tense verb deliberately chosen to serve as an affirmation, carefully selected to capture the emotion expressed by everyone who has had the privilege to share in the magic of this “little piece of heaven” in the Waterberg.
Thandile Country Lodge started off as a family-breakaway for a Johannesburg based family when the owners tried to balance their respective Corporate- and entrepreneurial careers with fortnightly visits “to the farm” to regenerate their souls and to find inner peace, to connect with each other and to build the resilience to create meaning in their lives.
They succeeded so well in doing this that the farm became the regular “meeting place” for friends and family and as everyone loved it so much there, the idea of “Thandile Country Lodge” was born.
Thandile Country Lodge formally opened its doors to the public on 1 December 2012 and since then, it has often been said that “whereas you may arrive as a stranger, you’re always leave as a friend”.
Thandile Country Lodge is owner-managed and based in the original farm house built in 1856, beautifully restored to its former glory with 7 beautifully “Colonial-style” furnished units, all leading onto the wrap-around veranda, the majority of which overlook the beautiful surrounding of a typical game farm in the Waterberg.
Thandile Country Lodge offers luxury accommodation on a B & B basis with kitchen- and braai facilities for self-catering lunches- & dinners. We cater for special events in our beautiful restaurant, The Elephant Tree restaurant, that can be booked for a small conference; birthday ( upto 70 people) or a small wedding.
It is locally believed to be one of the oldest farm houses in Bela-Bela and where possible the originally feature of the historic building were maintained e.g. The original fireplace in the Kitchen, the yellow-wood ceilings including the “Old Waenhuis” where the Ox wagon was stored.
The large Monkey Thorn Tree in front of the Lodge facing the dams were planted by the previous owner of the farm, Mr Grobler whose daughter turned 82 recently and this tree is captured in the logo of Thandile Country Lodge to commensurate this significant event.
Evidence of historic events are everywhere to be found at Thandile Country Lodge with the horse trail following the route of the Boer Oxwagen’s trek across the Waterberg, including evidence of the South African War that can be found in the mountains on various places on the farm.
*Breakfast & dinner on order.
*Wide-spread braai facilities
* Horse Trails
* Hiking- & mountain bike trails
* Wi-Fi hotspot
* Table Tennis
Experience nature at its best, on horseback.
* ±250 hectares of game trails The variety at Thandile includes giraffe, kudu, ribbok, warthog, baboon, vervet monkeys, blue wildebeest and other small game indigenous to the area. We also offer a variety of bird species.
* Breakfast and dinner-braai available on advanced booking basis.
* Pop over to the hot springs of Bela-Bela If you have children, nothing will please them more than a day outing to the water wonderland at Forever Resorts Aventura Warmbaths, less than 15 minutes' drive from Thandile.
* Gholfing and adventure sports in Bela-Bela We are situated just 4 km from Elements Private Golf Reserve, which was recently rated in the Top 10 Golf Courses of South Africa for the second year in succession.
* Horseriding on a lead with our caring staff; Table tennis Engage with the miniature/potbelly pigs are called“Olive and Patches” and watch Kerneels and Mathilda the resident giraffe grazing in front of the resturant.
* We offer exquisite picnics where we supply you with a beautiful picnic blanket and cushions as well as a basked filled with a variety of exquisite food for 2-4 people per basket including a bottle of Sparkling/Still water at the reasonable price.