Accommodation is available on a self-catering basis as well as with bed-& -breakfast, in which case a separate fee is charged per person.There is a self-catering kitchen available but dinners can be ordered in advance. A welcome letter get's send once the booking is confirmed. Dinner can consist of a Braai with 3 meats, 2 salads & freshly baked bread or pap-and-sauce. Alternatively there is a selection of "potjies" available for the client to choose from. We offer a fully licensed restaurant for special events. Each room also has a bar fridge and a tea/coffee station which is serviced daily.
A DStv dish is offered in the communal lounge area of the restaurant to guests who wish to bring their own DSTV decoder along. Alternatively guests can connect to DSTV/Netflix/Showmax via our free WIFI.
Total accommodation available - 20 bed at Main Guesthouse (7 units).
Large entertainment area with the only WiFi hot spot in the area.
2 Family suite with 2 bedrooms (1 double bed and 2 single bed) and 1 double bed sleeper couch.
1 Double bedroom and double bed sleeper couch.
4 Double bedrooms
In Room Facilities:
Luxury accommodation with high yellow wood ceilings in double bedrooms.
Full on-suite bathroom including shower, bath and toilet.
* Non smoking
* Private entrance
* Room serviced daily
* Wireless internet
* Down duvets
* Lounge area
* Hair dryer
* Tea and coffee tray
* No TV or aircon
“Thandile” is a Zulu word which means “I loved it”, a past tense verb deliberately chosen to serve as an affirmation, carefully selected to capture the emotion expressed by everyone who has had the privilege to share in the magic of this “little piece of heaven” in the Waterberg.
Thandile Country Lodge started off as a family-breakaway for a Johannesburg based family when the owners tried to balance their respective Corporate- and entrepreneurial careers with fortnightly visits “to the farm” to regenerate their souls and to find inner peace, to connect with each other and to build the resilience to create meaning in their lives.
They succeeded so well in doing this that the farm became the regular “meeting place” for friends and family and as everyone loved it so much there, the idea of “Thandile Country Lodge” was born.
Thandile Country Lodge formally opened its doors to the public on 1 December 2012 and since then, it has often been said that “whereas you may arrive as a stranger, you’re always leave as a friend”.
Thandile Country Lodge is owner-managed and based in the original farm house built in 1856, beautifully restored to its former glory with 7 beautifully “Colonial-style” furnished units, all leading onto the wrap-around veranda, the majority of which overlook the beautiful surrounding of a typical game farm in the Waterberg.
Thandile Country Lodge offers luxury accommodation on a B & B basis with kitchen- and braai facilities for self-catering lunches- & dinners. We cater for special events in our beautiful restaurant, The Elephant Tree restaurant, that can be booked for a small conference; birthday ( upto 70 people) or a small wedding.
It is locally believed to be one of the oldest farm houses in Bela-Bela and where possible the originally feature of the historic building were maintained e.g. The original fireplace in the Kitchen, the yellow-wood ceilings including the “Old Waenhuis” where the Ox wagon was stored.
The large Monkey Thorn Tree in front of the Lodge facing the dams were planted by the previous owner of the farm, Mr Grobler whose daughter turned 82 recently and this tree is captured in the logo of Thandile Country Lodge to commensurate this significant event.
Evidence of historic events are everywhere to be found at Thandile Country Lodge with the horse trail following the route of the Boer Oxwagen’s trek across the Waterberg, including evidence of the South African War that can be found in the mountains on various places on the farm.
* Fully Licensed Restaurant
* Horse Trails
* Hiking Trails
* Wi-Fi hotspot
* Table Tennis
Experience nature at its best, on horseback.
* ±250 hectares of game trails The variety at Thandile includes giraffe, kudu, ribbok, warthog, baboon, vervet monkeys, blue wildebeest and other small game indigenous to the area. We also offer a variety of bird species.
* Breakfast and dinner-braai available on advanced booking basis.
* Pop over to the hot springs of Bela-Bela If you have children, nothing will please them more than a day outing to the water wonderland at Forever Resorts Aventura Warmbaths, less than 15 minutes' drive from Thandile.
* Gholfing and adventure sports in Bela-Bela We are situated just 4 km from Elements Private Golf Reserve, which was recently rated in the Top 10 Golf Courses of South Africa for the second year in succession.
* Horseriding on a lead with our caring staff; Table tennis Engage with the miniature/potbelly pigs are called“Olive and Patches” and watch Kerneels and Mathilda the resident giraffe grazing in front of the resturant.
* We offer exquisite picnics where we supply you with a beautiful picnic blanket and cushions as well as a basked filled with a variety of exquisite food for 2-4 people per basket including a bottle of Sparkling/Still water at the reasonable price.