Cradle Valley offers seventeen stylish and tastefully furnished bedrooms serviced with en-suite bathrooms, all with patios, private entrances, and with beautiful views from every window. The rooms offer the comfort and luxury to make sure you’ll want to return, and no effort has been spared in making your stay a memorable one. Rest assured that attention to detail has taken comfort, convenience and personal service to new heights.
* We offer accommodation with breakfast. Breakfast is served from 08h00 – 10h00. Wake up to the sound of birds, and a freshly prepared breakfast is served in the main house or outside in the garden. If you have any special dietary needs – Please stipulate your requirements with booking.
* All Guests are welcome to Free Wi-Fi – code from reception.
* The main house entertainment area offers DSTV. The rooms also have DSTV.
* KEYS & ELECTRONIC GATE: You will be provided with a set of keys for your room and a remote control to the security gate of Cradle Valley Guesthouse upon arrival. Cradle Valley employs a security guard in the evenings who has contact with our local reputable security company.
* Ample secure parking.
* A shuttle service is available for guests at an extra charge, prior booking essential.
* Dinner can be served with prior arrangement or visit the famous CASALINGA RESTAURANT only a few minutes away.
Prior arrangement essential & we will provide you with everything required for a genuine South African braai.
* A little Aga stove in the entertainment area is great for baking bread.
* Picnic baskets are available – prior arrangement essential.
* Laundry, washing & ironing service on site, Laundromat may be arranged. 24 hours required.
* Sparkling swimming pool, (pool towels are provided, ask at reception)
* Deck by the dam in the quiet corners of the picturesque garden.
* Guest lounge with reading material.
* Small holding with modern farm style living and friendly animals.
This particularly pretty part of the world used to be real countryside, way outside of Johannesburg, for escapees of the city lifestyle. Whilst today the small farms and smallholdings still exist, Muldersdrift has now become something of a village, its borders literally melded with the outer suburbs around Northgate.
Muldersdrift is a wonderful place to stay whilst in Johannesburg, particularly if your needs are to the north of the city. Your evenings are peaceful and tranquil yet your access to Fourways, Sandton, Randburg and even Pretoria is easy, and Lanseria airport is a mere 15 minutes away. There is beauty in the grasslands and natural indigenous vegetation in Muldersdrift, which lies in the heart of the Kromdraai Valley home to the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage site.
Visit the Wondercave, one of the show caves of the heritage site and the third largest cave in South Africa. It may consist only of a single chamber, but it’s huge - large enough to hold a rugby field - and visitors descend some 40 metres via an open lift from the surface, or you can abseil down. One can view some incredible formations that include cave pearls and pools, whilst stalagmites are up to 15 metres high. An added highlight to your trip could be the little observatory near Wondercave where astronomer Bill Hollenbach gives talks and shows about comets, meteors and perilous asteroids.
Not as obvious as the Sterkfontein caves and the discovery of Mrs Ples, there is a private nature reserve, the Cradle, that lies within the larger Cradle of Humankind. Explore indigenous forests and streams; and scour grassland for antelope, giraffe and zebras.
In Room Facilities:
Top quality amenities provided in bathroom. White towels provided. Hairdryer. Shaver plug. 32”LED TV with SABC channels, e-TV and selected DSTV channels. Bar fridge with complimentary bottled water. Standing fan in summer. Heater in winter. Separate sitting area. Complimentary sherry in the room. Electronic safe. Hospitality tray with coffee and tea making facilities with homemade biscuits/rusks. Own patio & own access. Rooms are serviced daily.
* Cradle Nature Reserve.
* Cradle of Humankind.
* Krugersdorp Game Reserve.
* Lanseria Airport.
* Magalies Wild Game Farm.
* Game Drive in Heia Safari Game Reserve.
* Garden World Tea Garden.
* Shepherd’s Fold Stables.
* Unwind at Chicama Country Spa.