The property is exquisite, with grassy landscapes, streams a lake, wooden bridges, shady trees. A veritable photographer's dream.
The Boutique Guesthouse offers 23 suites, bridal suite & groom’s suite (cottage 2) and cottage 1 on the riverfront that can sleep 9 people. Each suite is tastefully decorated in neutral colours, a creative, timeless combination of old and new. We offer full exclusivity to weddings, functions or conferences, should you book all the accommodation, however you are not bound to book all the rooms.
In Room Facilities:
* Top quality amenities provided in bathroom, such as white towels, Shaver plug and bathroom amenities.
* 32”LED TV with digital satellite TV.
* A bar fridge with complimentary bottled water.
* There is a standing fan in summer and a heater in winter.
* A separate sitting/ lounge area.
* Electronic safe.
* Hospitality tray with coffee and tea making facilities with homemade biscuits.
* Own patio & private access.
* Rooms are serviced daily.
This particularly pretty part of the world used to be real countryside, way outside of Johannesburg, for escapees of the city lifestyle. Whilst today the small farms and smallholdings still exist, Muldersdrift has now become something of a village, its borders literally melded with the outer suburbs around Northgate.
Muldersdrift is a wonderful place to stay whilst in Johannesburg, particularly if your needs are to the north of the city. Your evenings are peaceful and tranquil yet your access to Fourways, Sandton, Randburg and even Pretoria is easy, and Lanseria airport is a mere 15 minutes away. There is beauty in the grasslands and natural indigenous vegetation in Muldersdrift, which lies in the heart of the Kromdraai Valley home to the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage site.
Visit the Wondercave, one of the show caves of the heritage site and the third largest cave in South Africa. It may consist only of a single chamber, but it’s huge - large enough to hold a rugby field - and visitors descend some 40 metres via an open lift from the surface, or you can abseil down. One can view some incredible formations that include cave pearls and pools, whilst stalagmites are up to 15 metres high. An added highlight to your trip could be the little observatory near Wondercave where astronomer Bill Hollenbach gives talks and shows about comets, meteors and perilous asteroids.
Not as obvious as the Sterkfontein caves and the discovery of Mrs Ples, there is a private nature reserve, the Cradle, that lies within the larger Cradle of Humankind. Explore indigenous forests and streams; and scour grassland for antelope, giraffe and zebras.
* We offer accommodation with breakfast. Breakfast is served from 08h00 – 09h30. Wake up to the sound of birds, and a freshly prepared breakfast, served in the main house or outside in the garden. If you have any special dietary needs, please stipulate your requirements with your booking.
* All Guests are welcome to Free Wi-Fi – obtain the code from reception.
* The main house entertainment area offers Digital Satellite TV, including in the rooms.
* KEYS & ELECTRONIC GATE:
You will be provided with a set of keys for your room and a remote control to the security gate of Cradle Valley Guesthouse upon arrival. Cradle Valley employs a security guard in the evenings who has contact with a local reputable security company.
* Ample secure parking.
* A shuttle service is available for guests at an extra charge - prior booking essential.
* Dinner can be served with prior arrangement or visit the famous CASALINGA RESTAURANT only a few minutes away. Prior arrangement essential.
BBQ: We will provide you with everything required for a genuine South African braai.
* A little Aga stove in the entertainment area is great for baking bread.
* Picnic baskets are available – prior arrangement essential.
* Laundry, washing & ironing service on site, Laundromat may be arranged. 24 hours notice required.
* Sparkling swimming pool, (pool towels are provided, ask at reception)
* There is a deck by the dam in the quiet corners of the picturesque garden.
* Small holding with modern farm style living and friendly animals.
* Cradle Nature Reserve.
* Cradle of Humankind.
* Krugersdorp Game Reserve.
* Lanseria Airport.
* Magalies Wild Game Farm.
* Game Drive in Heia Safari Game Reserve.
* Garden World Tea Garden.
* Shepherd’s Fold Stables.
* Unwind at Riverview Spa OR Chicama Country Spa suitated at nearby properties