Established in August 2017, The Salt House is a family effort in both design and character. The Himalayan Salt crystal is where we drew inspiration and we hope that our colours, our flavours and our spunky personalities grant you an experience that is far from bland!
Nestled between mountains and the ocean of Hout Bay, the Salt House is an 8 bedroom guest house that recognises that without you, our valued guests, we would be nothing. It is for this reason, that we focus on making your stay with us, a wonderful one
Nestled between mountains and the ocean of Hout Bay, the Salt House is an 8 bedroom guest house that recognises that without you, our valued guests, we would be nothing. It is for this reason, that we focus on making your stay with us, a wonderful one.
In Room Facilities:
Our Guest House rooms and bathrooms are all different in their offering. See below details per room to help you choose the perfect room for you. All rooms are serviced daily and rates include a fresh buffet-style breakfast.
Hout Bay (afrikaans: Houtbaai meaning Wood Bay) refers to both the town, bay, the valley and the harbour.
A beautiful 20km drive along the coast from Cape Town CBD, this historic and still-working fishing village of Hout Bay, in a picturesque setting, makes Hout Bay town and harbour a must-visit tourist attraction whilst in the Cape.
Hout Bay is surrounded by mountains to the north, east and west and the southern Atlantic Ocean to the south. This centrally located town allows for a quick trip into Cape Town CBD, Camps Bay, Constantia wine farms, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens,as well as the stunning Noordhoek beach.
Nearby activities include:
* A magnificent drive along Chapman’s Peak, voted one of the most scenic drives in the world, the harbours variety of restaurants, markets, curio shops and fresh fish shops.
* Learn to Stand Up Paddleboard or sea kayak in the bay
* Learn to surf at nearby Muizenberg (One of the best Learn-to-surf destinations in South Africa).
* Visit the Table Mountain cable car (10 minute drive) recently voted one of the Wonders of the Natural World.
* Taste some of the world’s best wines from the oldest wineries in the country, spend a day on the beautiful beach of Camps Bay, just 7kms away, go for a scenic hike or a swim in the reservoir in the Silvermine National Park, ride a horse through the valley and along the Disa river.