Lowestoffe Country Lodge is situated on 5500 hectares of holistically managed land, comprising four adjoining farms. Lowestoffe and Rooken have been in the family for four generations while Woodhouselea and Rockford Park were acquired in 2002. Sheep and cattle form the backbone of the farming enterprise while the farm has been home to the Africa’s Sport Horse Stud since 1994.
Each of the three lodges is located on a separate farm thus providing a private yet safe holiday experience. The gardens around the houses have large lawns and the views are all spectacular. The lodges are comfortably and tastefully decorated.
* Braai facility (bring brickettes as the wood supplied is not suitable).
* Wood for fireplace provided.
* Serviced daily.
Lowestoffe Country Lodge offers a wide variety of things to see and do. Although fishing and horse riding are certainly two of our disctinctives (please see separate section for details) there are many different ways to enjoy your stay with us.
Walking, strolling, hiking - none will disappoint you. Hiking up the Elandsberg mountain, standing where the Black Eagle spend their days at 7 200ft, is a fantastic experience. If more gentle walks are the order of the day, there are certainly plenty to choose from.
Bushman paintings - depicting some of the first horse paintings.
In Room Facilities:
Lowestoffe Country Lodge consists of three spacious houses, epitomising comfortable farm accommodation at its best. Each lodge is privately situated as they are located on separate farms, with expansive views of the surrounding pastures and mountains.
The decor is tasteful and simple, providing a “home away from home” experience. As the nights can be rather chilly, especially in autumn and winter, there is the added luxury of a duck down duvet and an electric blanket on each bed.
a very well equipped kitchen (microwave, stove, fridge/freezer) and 2 bathrooms (main en-suite).
* Bird-watching - from the Black Eagle, Fish Eagle and Crested Cranes to hundreds of other species of bird life.
* Mountain biking - places abound - just bring your own bikes.
* Farming activities - shearing, lambing, calving, Holistic farming practices etc., we will gladly share with you.
* Just a short scenic drive will get you to Hogsback (28km from Trout Lodge and 15km from Rockford & Woodhouselea). You can spend hours experiencing the uniqueness of this quaint little village or walking through the indigenous forests.
* The game reserves of Mpofu, Tsolwana and Double Drift are only an hour's drive away.