Elangeni Holiday Resort, Mpumalanga, South Africa, is situated on the banks of the Elands River, on the N4 between Waterval Boven and Nelspruit. The resort is in a low-risk malaria area and is the perfect breakaway to unspoiled nature.
The resort offers fishing, bird watching, nature walks, a swimming pool, a jungle gym, trampolines, self-catering chalets under shady trees, caravan and tent camping sites. Activities include river tubing, hiking, obstacle course, zip line and lots more. The resort is ideal for school group outings and corporate team building. There are a lapa and a stone hall for functions, a laundry, and a small shop.
* Literia course, obstacle course, river tubing, tug of war, 4km "green flag" educational hiking trail
* Hiking trail: 25 Km hiking trail with waterfalls, overnight hut at 14km with hot showers, flush toilets, braai facilities.
* The resort offers fishing, bird watching, nature walks, a swimming pool, a jungle gym and trampolines.
Established in 1898 as a railway depot, Waterval Boven is Dutch for Above Waterfall and is named after the waterfall in the Elands River.
The village of Waterval Boven is nestled in the Drakensberg Mountains on the fringe of the escarpment, at the foot of the South Hills. It is rich with historical sites and buildings which are now proclaimed national monuments.
There is also the old Tunnel and Five Arch Bridge, as well as President Paul Kruger's official residence where he resided in 1900 before going into exile in Europe. The Elands River Waterfall is visible from the mouth of the old Railway Tunnel. Horse riding and trout fishing are popular pastimes in the region. Among a number of hiking trails, the Elkandskrans Trail includes a 30-minute train ride between Waterval Boven and Waterval Onder.
In Room Facilities:
We offer 12 fully equipped chalets:
* 8 double-storey units each with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, lounge, and kitchen.
* 1 chalet is wheelchair friendly.
* 3 stand-alone chalets each with 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, lounge, and kitchen.
Caravaning & camping:
Our caravan park has 50 stands with power points and two ablution facilities with gas operating showers. There are 50 caravan and tent sites with electrical connections. Hot and cold water, electric lights and power points are available.
NEW: Wheelchair accessible bathroom
* Stone Circle Museum.
* Emgwenya Waterfall.
* Rockydrift Private Nature Reserve.
* Krugerhof Museum.