Hidden away on the North-West side of the Okavango Delta, Mopiri offers its guests the perfect water camp experience. Seven spacious en-suite tents and three family units are set on the banks of Weboro Lagoon offering panoramic views. Long winding board walks between the main area and the tents offer guests privacy and the opportunity to stretch their legs and explore the island.
The main area has a large dining room, with a separate lounge area. There is a substantial deck overlooking the lagoon with hidden seating areas and a fire pit, perfect for stargazing. The swimming pool is positioned with views over the flood plain.
The boma, in the middle of the island, is where traditional evenings are held and guests can enjoy the sounds of the Mopiri choir and taste local cuisine.
The camp is situated approximately 290kms from Maun, and 118kms from Shakawe.
Self-drive - Guests can drive to Etsha 6 where there will be secure parking available. From here guests will be met by their guide and transferred into camp.
At certain times of year when the flood is down, access will be by boat only.
Helicopter flights from Maun Airport and other destinations can be arranged on request.
In Room Facilities:
The tents are light and airy and have separate bathrooms with large rain showers, twin sinks and WC. The bathrooms are adjoined to the rooms by a short corridor making the most of the view over the lagoon.
Mopiri offers a huge variety of activities to suit all:
* Short mokoro trips around the surrounding islands of camp (ideal for guests that arrive late in camp or want a short relaxing activity).
* Bush Walks (there are a number of islands close to camp which are ideal for short walks).
* Fishing Trips (Bream, Tiger Fish, African Pike, Barbel). Keen fisherman are advised to bring their own kit, however basic gear will be available at the camp.
* Day Boat Trips to the islands with a bush walk and mokoro trip. (Meals can be set up on the islands so that guests can leave camp early in the morning and return just before dark).
* Overnight Trips to private fly camps (incorporating boat trips, bush walks, Mokoro trips, cultural tours and fishing).
* Bird walks by The Wild Bird Trust and the chance to discuss their research.
* Trans-Okavango Trips from Mopiri to Maun (on request and seasonal).
* Sundowners and private dinners can be enjoyed aboard the double storey barge under the African night sky.