The house is a short distance from the village where you will be spoiled with lovely restaurants, quaint shops, beautiful art galleries and 2 craft breweries. Please note that due to our severe drought the pool may not be operational. We are doing our best but I would advise checking with us.
The living area opens up onto a lovely patio area which overlooks the pool and garden with the village and mountains of Riebeek-Kasteel beyond.
As a guest at Riebeek Vista, you have the freedom to come and go.
* Parking spaces within gated complex.
* Shared kitchenette with large refrigerator.
* Indoor snug.
* Braai (BBQ) area.
* Outdoor dining area.
* Plunge pool with safety cover.
* Outdoor lounge & chill out area (pictured).
Riebeek Kasteel is one of the oldest towns in South Africa, just 80kms from Cape Town, nestled in the Riebeek Valley.
Situated in fertile fruit-growing countryside, we have access to wine producers, olive farms and many other producers in addition to the lovely selection of local artisans. Riebeek Kasteel also have a wide variety of restaurants, bars and cafés. All of whom we are proud to support. Below are a few of our favorites.
In Room Facilities:
The house can accommodate up to 6 guests and comprises 3 double bedrooms, 3 en-suite bathrooms, and an open-plan kitchen and living area. The kitchen is fully equipped for self-catering and contains a stove, oven, fridge-freezer, microwave, and cutlery and crockery. The dining area has seating space for 6 people, while the lounge has a comfy lounge suite and a flat-screen TV. Free Wi-Fi access is also provided.
* The One: If you're looking forward to putting your feet up with a beautifully chilled glass of wine with a superb view then this is our absolute favourite place to come. You'll find it across the street from The Royal Hotel, on the corner.
* Beans About Coffee: If you are looking for a breakfast recommendation in town, then this is the place to come. There isn't a bad thing on the menu and the coffee is the best we have found. You'll find Beans About Coffee on Fontein Street, along the top side of the main square in town.
* En Bois: En Bois (meaning "in wood") are local craftspeople, creating and selling some beautiful South African made products; gifts, interior accessories, furniture and hides. You'll recognise their craftmanship on the keyring for your room.
* Eve's Eaterie: Before we start telling you what to eat at Eve's, I'll tell you that everything here is utterly delicious. A vibrant and fun courtyard serving some really beautifully cooked, homemade food. You'll find it behind Pick N Pay or at the end of Short Street, off to the right (depending on which direction you approach). Butter chicken is the family favourite, but we recommend that you eat from the top of the menu down to the bottom in order to be ABSOLUTELY sure ;-)
Riebeek Vista is spoilt for choice with amazing access to Cape Town, the winelands and many other worthwhile days out. Here are a selection of places that you can visit having proven popular with guests.
* Aquila Safari: Aquila Safari and Private Game Reserve & Spa has grown exponentially over the past decade and offers guests a number of game experiences. Our guests have been particularly taken with the conservation efforts of the establishmet and their commitment to social responsibility and renewable energy.
* Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden: Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden sits at the bottom of the iconic Table Mountain, offering spectacular views of the mountain. You can dine at the popular Moro restaurant or take a picnic and enjoy the incredible and immaculately maintained gardens.
* Cape Town: Our glorious Cape Town is an hour away by car and offers a rich variety of things to see and do. The ever popular V&A Waterfront is a fun place to visit, offering bars, restaurants and boat trips. From Cape Town you will find access points for trips up to Table Mountain, great beaches and a vibrant restaurant scene. Image taken from Camps Bay.