A colourful artist pallet - rich with discovery! A flagship destination with historical and nostalgic flavour, Absolute Castillo offers a relaxing environment with down time around the plunge pool in our private garden. Only 300 m from the town center, Absolute Castillo is in walking distance to most restaurants, shops galleries and small village life.
Cape Town Airport is 88 km from Absolute Castillo
* Secure parking
* Plunge pool
* Communal garden
* Sounds and vistas of a quaint village
Only an hour from Cape Town, Riebeek Kasteel sits snug against the slopes of its own mountain, the dramatic Kasteelberg. In the Riebeek Kasteel Valley, also famously known for its tasty Shiraz wines, you will find wheat lands, olive groves and plenty of wine farms. In the surround we also have the Cederberg, Cape Winelands and West Coast - all within an hour's drive.
In Room Facilities:
Each room has a king size bed (with electric blankets in winter), a seating area and a coffee/tea station with bar fridge. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with a shower, two rooms have a bath in the room for soothing romantic moments. All rooms have hair dryers. The two top rooms have views over the mountains and village, whilst the bottom rooms walk out onto the garden with a private plunge pool for the guests.
NO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 14.
NO SMOKING IN ROOMS
NO PETS ALLOWED
Popular points of interest near Absolute Castillo include:
* Jan Smuts Museum - Jan Smuts was one of the founding members of the United Nations. The rather quaint house is laid out as it would've been when he grew up there and there are photographs on the walls of his mother and other family members. The museum part holds the story of his life and makes for
interesting reading if you are history-buff.
* The Village Market at Allesverloren Wine Estate - Dr D F Malan, one of South Africa's Prime Ministers and great opponent of Jan Smuts, was born on the Allesverloren Farm.
* De Oude Kerk Museum
* Het Vlock Kasteel
* Riebeek Cellars
* Kloovenburg Cellars
* Pulput Rock Cellars
* The Royal Hotel
* Mamma Cucina Italian Restaurant
* Cafe Felix Restaurant
* La Parrilla Restaurant
* Beans about Coffee on the Square
* Short Street with shops galore
* Pick n Pay