Greenlands is situated in a tranquil, bird-filled garden on the cooler side of Pietermaritzburg, in one of the older, upmarket suburbs of the city.
The rooms are tastefully decorated and well equipped for your every need.
Relax at the pool, while enjoying the view over the city.
A full English or health breakfast is served each morning with packed breakfasts or lunches for early departures. Dinner (Mondays to Thursday), special meals and those with dietary requirements are also catered for by prior arrangement (12 noon is the cut-off for dinner orders). Dinner is served promptly at 7pm (closed at 8pm). Breakfast 7 - 9am during the week and 8 - 9.30am on weekends and public holidays.
We are situated close to a variety of restaurants and takeaways and also to a Super Spar that offers fabulous, wholesome weighed meals. We are happy to offer food vouchers who this option. A new centre only 800m away is opening in September 2019
In Room Facilities:
Each of the five air-conditioned, comfortable, well equipped, tastefully furnished, air-conditioned en suite rooms has its own outside entrance. Some rooms have showers only, while others have baths as well. One wheelchair friendly room is available with a roll-in shower. (Please phone to confirm that this room is available before booking)
Rooms are equipped with fridge, heater, fan, TV with Dstv (hospitality bouquet), kettle and a complimentary tea / coffee tray. Hairdryers are available on request. All rooms are non-smoking and pet-free.
Our biggest asset is our location. We are close to most amenities. Situated in one of the older up-market suburbs, Pietermaritzburg. Easy access to the city centre and the N3 freeway. Virgin Active and a small mall about 800m from our gate. There are nice routes for walks or runs and both Wylie Park and Queen Elizabeth Park are nearby. The Cascades Mountain Bike park is 3km away.
* Wi-Fi is available throughout - one connection per checked in guest is free.
* Each room has a desk for our corporate guests
* All credit cards accepted
* All rooms are non-smoking but a well lit gazebo is provided where smokers may relax and have their meals if they would like to
* A laundry service is provided during the week and an iron and board is available on request.
* Laundry is free for stays of more than 5 days.
* The parking area is behind an automated gate.
* A swimming pool is situated close to the paved braai area and lawn (swimming towels available on request)
TThe Royal Show Grounds and Redlands, Liberty Midlands Mall, Victoria Road, Cascades Centre, and Victoria Country Club Estate. Most restaurants, schools and hospitals are an easy drive from us. 8km from PMB Airport and the University.
Annual events hosted in the city of Pietermaritzburg:
* Bike City events – including international cycling and mountain biking
* Midmar Mile
* Dusi Canoe Marathon
* Comrades Marathon
* The Royal Show
* The Garden Show
* Amashovashova cycle race
* Capital Climb
* Hilton Arts Festival
* Art in the Park
* IPT – Hockey
* National Swimming events
* Mandela Marathon