Walmer Manor is an owner-run, upmarket, secure guesthouse in the heart of Walmer, Port Elizabeth. The guesthouse is situated less than 5min from the Port Elizabeth Airport as well as numerous shops and restaurants in the area.
Walmer Manor opened it’s doors in 2019 and has been custom built to suit traveling professionals and corporates.
Extended corporate rental options are available on request.
Secure, remote-access gates and electric fencing linked to armed response will give you peace of mind during your stay with us.
In Room Facilities:
* Double, Queen or Twin Bed options.
* Work Desk.
* Vanity Dresser.
* Bath and/or Shower.
* Fresh linen & towels, body wash, shampoo, and toilet paper.
* Tea, coffee, sugar, milk, salt & pepper.
* Each unit has a fridge, microwave, and kettle.
* All units are equipped with outside table and chairs as well as braai facilities.
* All basic utensils such as knives, forks, spoons, teaspoons, scissors, plates, bowls, cups, and glasses.
Walmer, a rather posh suburb of Port Elizabeth with its wide tree-lined streets, is something of an establishment - a number of the city’s oldest families live here, and businesses too are lining up for their share of the large homes, as parts of Walmer fall into demarcated business zones, particularly on Main Road.
Walmer’s origins are as a farm that was later sub-divided - the portion known as ‘Muller town’ renamed to Walmer after the Duke of Wellington, who died at Walmer Castle, which goes some way to explain its links with older, more established residents of Port Elizabeth, some of whom could have been here since the 1850s.
Aside from its obvious beauty, staying in the garden suburb of Walmer has a number of advantages: the airport is five minutes’ away; beaches are 10 minutes’ drive from here, and you’re walking distance from Main Road and the Walmer Park Shopping and Entertainment centre, also referred to as the ‘cosmopolitan centre’, due in no small part to its up-market quality.
* All units include Wi-Fi access.
* Access to parking is through remote controlled gates.
* While the parking area is shared, each of the units has it’s own private entrance.
* Baakens River Mountain Bike Trail.
* Paintball Heaven.
* Bird Watching Walk in Settlers Park.
* Go for a stroll in Victoria Park.
* Port Elizabeth Library.