We, at Asher Stable Stay, look forward to welcoming you! Grab the opportunity to relax stress-free in the Little Karoo! Our accommodation offers 6 comfortable stable rooms equipped with the basic necessities. We choose to appreciate the scenery and beauty of the nature around us and therefore, have no day to day access to technology, thus escaping the hassle and bustle of day to day traffic and rat race!
In Room Facilities:
* 3 Double and 3 Twin Rooms with En-Suite Bathroom with shower basin and toilet.
* Bathroom amenities include - Body shower gel / Conditioning Shampoo /
Hand wash / Hand and Body Moisturizer / Room Freshener
* Coffee/Tea making facilities with rusks.
* Bar Fridge.
* Room Fans.
* Patio with table and chairs
* Smoke free rooms.
The quaint Victorian village of De Rust is a unique place for an overnight stop and route to one of many destinations. Nestled between the Swartberg and Kammanassie Mountains, the is the gateway to the Great- and Klein Karoo. Asher stable stay is nestled in the gold award winning De Rustica Olive Estate, 23km from Rust and Vrede Waterfall, which is hidden among the bracken-clad heights; therefore a walk over bridges is required along the mountain trail. Asher Stable stay is 36km from the world-renowned Cango Caves, 57km to the top of the Swartberg Pass and 86km from our closest Airport in George. Activities include hiking, cycling, bird watching and freshwater fishing in the Stoomdrift Dam.
* Communal Kitchen - with microwave, gas stove, and all cooking utensils
* BBQ area with casual outdoor seating to soak up the African sun.
* Wi-Fi available
* Hiking / Walking / Jogging / Bird Watching.
* De Rustica Olive Estates - Olive Oil Tour
* De Rust, town of the year 2011, an old-world town with an artist community.
* Oudtshoorn Ostrich Capital of the World
* Meerkat Adventures.
* Rust en Vrede Waterfall.
* Cango Caves.
* Cango Wildlife Ranch.
* Karusa Winery.
* Duiwelsberg 4x4 Trail.
* Cali Craft & Gems.
* Swartberg Pass
* Ostrich Show Farms
* C.P Nel Museum in Oudtshoorn
* On your way to Route 62 that links the wine and fruit growers from
Oudtshoorn to Cape Town