At Suidersee Hartenbos, we pride ourselves in providing our guests an unforgettable experience. Our unique blend of excellent hospitality accompanied by great accommodation and homely surroundings guarantees a comfortable stay for our guests.
From bachelors for two persons to three-bedroom Luxury apartments that accommodate up to 6 persons, we cater for individual guests and families. Within our accommodation units are facilities such as built in fireplace and television with DStv to ensure you enjoy your stay.
Surrounded by the beautiful towns of George, Mossel Bay and Knysna, our guest accommodation is the ideal spot for guests looking to experience the Garden Route. With the breathtaking breeze of the Atlantic Ocean at your back, the majestic Onteniqua Mountains meandering into the skies, and the rejuvenating ambience of Garden Route coupled with the hospitable culture of Hartenbos, Suidersee Hartenbos offers guests a lifetime experience.
In Room Facilities:
Unit are equipped with televisions, including 10 DStv channels and DVD players. Bedding includes fitted sheet, duvet cover and blanket.
Suidersee Apartment 16 , 21 and 22 have full DStv.
All of the apartments, except apartment 19 , have private outside braai's.
An ideal seaside holiday destination, Hartenbos offers an exciting mixture of history, hospitality, culture and entertainment, all steeped in scenic surroundings. From history buffs to nature-lovers, this Garden Route town has something for everyone.
Currently under the Mossel Bay municipality, Hartenbos was originally a farm offered to Esaias Meyer, a local farmer, as a reward by the Dutch East India Company after he helped shipwrecked sailors. Meyer called the farm Hart en Bosch (deer and bush). In 1933, South African Railways and Harbours turned the town into a holiday resort for their employees. The Afrikaanse Taal en Kultuurvereniging'( ATKV) purchased the town. Since then the town has flourished into a seaside holiday destination.
With the Hartenbos River and the beach nearby, the town offers excellent watersports, swimming and fishing opportunities. Hartenbos houses Hartenbos Museum which commemorates the Great Trek, the Langeberg Mall and a variety of flea markets. Throughout the year, the town host cultural festivals, mostly in celebration of Afrikaner culture.
The town of Hartenbos receives its lowest rainfall in June and the highest in October with temperatures ranging from 18.6°C in July to 26.6°C in January. If you're seeking genuine hospitality and a great experience, then Hartenbos is the right place for you.
Suidersee Block 2 has a shared roof-top area of braaing and socializing.
Suidersee Hartenbos and the surrounding areas are bursting with adventure, scenic natural sightings and wildlife. Here are some of the activities you could indulge in while staying at Suidersee Hartenbos.
* Putt Putt - Engage your entire family in a game of putt putt and meet people in Hartenbos.
* Heated Pool - Near our premises is the ATKV heated pool, a popular spot for the locals.
* Hartenbos Waterpark - Hartenbos Waterpark is packed with a wide variety of facilities to keep your kids entertained.
* Play Park - The local Play Park is an instant hit with the little ones.
* Day Trips to Oudtshoorn - Cango Caves, George Airport - Strawberry, cheese and chocolate farms, Mossel Bay Shell - City to City busses, museums, whale watching, Knysna Oyster Farm,
* Golfing - With internationally-recognised golf courses such as Oubaai Golf Course, Mossel Bay Golf Club and Pinnacle Point, the Garden Route has everything for the avid golfer. With the ocean nearby, well-maintained courses and fully-stocked club shops, golf in the Garden Route is nothing short of excellent.
* Beaches - Hartenbos Beach - A Blue Flag Beach, Hartenbos Beach, is a spectacular spot to enjoy clean sands and a view of the lagoon.
* Boggoms Bay Beach - Situated in Boggoms, this beach is a 1 km stretch of beautiful waves, ideal for swimming.
* Dana Bay Beach - A popular spot for whale watching in the Garden Route. This beach features an elevated viewpoint allowing you to see the southern right whales calving in the bay. Schools of dolphins ahe been spotted in the area.
* Dias Beach - With a 3km stretch, Dias Beach is the excellent place for social purposes. The beach is ideal for swimming, has ablution facilities as well as a caravan park nearby.
* Eiland Beach - Located near Great Brak River Mouth, Eiland Beach allows you to experience the ocean and the pleasures of the river.
* Pinnacle Point Main Beach - Pinnacle Point Beach and Golf Estate is a fusion of leisure, nature and entertainment. Steeped in the scenic Garden Route environment, the beach is the best place to unwind.
* Santos Beach - Located to most Mossel Bay's top restaurant and a number of museums including the Old Tree, Santos is fine sandy beach that allows you to explore the meeting of nature and human invention.
* The Point - Take a 3km along the coastline or take the15 kilometer long St Blaize hiking trail to Dana Bay. This beach is one the of most vibrant in the Mossel Bay area.