Seven Falls Lodge
Enter your stay dates to view prices
Seven Falls Lodge is situated in Kloof, which is an upmarket, leafy suburb, 25 kilometres (15 miles) inland from the coastal city of Durban.
Seven Falls Lodge provides the best of both worlds: Comfortable accommodation in a natural beauty spot, and close access to two major shopping hubs.
Situated adjacent to a nature reserve, and with streams on two of its borders, SFL is appreciated by lovers of forested wilderness. The reserve boasts seven waterfalls, with the closest only 400 metres up the valley from the Lodge. And 4 km, in opposite directions, are three medium sized malls and one large mall.
What makes SFL unique is its indigenous forest, and its proximity to the forests, cliffs and waterfalls of KrantzKloof Nature Reserve. All that separates the property (5 Ha / 12 acres in extent) from the reserve, is a stream.
One of the falls, Mpiti Falls, is 43 metres high and is only a 400 metre (440 yard) walk up the valley, with the path meandering through rich indigenous forest, next to the stream. The falls can be heard long before they can be seen, and finally you emerge at the base of a very pretty 3-stage waterfall. At the bottom is a sand bar, and you can stand right under the cataract. In wet season your back and shoulders will get a pummelling equal to any massage!
All the details:
• FOOD/DRINK - There is a tea and coffee station in the lounge, and a microwave and fridge, shared by all guests, but apart from that, no food or drink is provided, and there are no facilities for preparing food. Guests will need to eat out, bring their own pre-cooked food, or get takeaways (4km away, but there are deliveries). The house kitchen has not been renovated yet, and is not in a fit state for guests.
• SMOKING - There is absolutely no smoking inside at all. Mostly for medical reasons. If guests need to smoke, they will be requested to do so on the roof terrace.
• SHARED FACILITIES - The rooms are all private, but the bathrooms are shared.
• NOISE - For all its being in the bush, the lodge is part of suburbia, and we have to respect our neighbours. Parties can’t be hosted, and that means no music as well.
• ANIMALS - The house has three dogs and two cats, but they spend most of their time on the owner’s side of the house, and don't trouble guests.
• AWNING - The roof awning was damaged in the downpour of 31 Dec, and although the roof can be used, the awning is only half the size shown in the pics. It should be fixed some time early in 2021.
• PARKING - The entire lodge is surrounded by an electric fence, and parking is in the open, or under the trees, inside the fence.
• BATHROOMS - There are three bathrooms, and two separate toilets. In total there are 3 showers, 3 basins, and 1 bath.
• LINEN - Bed linen, bed covers, and towels are provided.
• WASHING - clothes and linen washing is available for guests staying longer than 3 days.
• MEDIA - There is free WiFi in the lounge/dining area, but there are no TV’s there, or in the rooms.
• POOL, CHILDREN - There is a pool in the garden. However, it is unfenced, hence we cannot accept children as guests.
|Property Type||Guest House, Guest Lodge|
|Check-in||03:00 PM - 11:30 PM|
|Check-out before||12:00 PM (noon)|
|Can Be Used For||Wedding|
|For more info|
Excellent & Prompt Service
Only Quality, Verified Listings
No Booking Fees. Save Money
All Bookings are Secure
Quick & Easy Payment Options
Instant Booking Confirmation
Best Price Guaranteed
Everything. It is a nice and quiet place.
I love the house in Kloof.
Nice suburb and super restaurants in the area!