Smilin Thru Resort
Enter your stay dates to view prices
Welcome to Smilin Thru Resort Parys,
Smilin Thru Resort is a 3-star self-catering resort situated on the banks of the Vaal River in the heart of Vredefort Dome World Heritage Site.
Located in the Vaal Triangle area of South Africa on the outskirts of Parys approximately 8kms from the town, where the borders of the Free State, North West Province and Gauteng meet, we are only one and a half hours drive from Johannesburg.
Our resort offers accommodation in the form of Rondawels, two-bedroom Chalets & Cottages, Fishermans Lodges, Luxury Lodge, Camping Terrain which accommodates Caravanning & Tent Campers. Our 4-star African Villiage Hotel offers an authentic guest experience, whether you're staying for a vacation or for business.
Our experienced management and professional service team are on hand 24/7 to accommodate all your needs to ensure a worry-free environment for our guests.
Smilin Thru Resort is the perfect laid-back holiday destination where the natural beauty is tranquil & mesmerizing, a scenic paradise in the unspoiled nature of the Vaal River area, ideal for a weekend getaway, fishing trip or extended holiday!
Terms and Conditions Self Catering:
Please ensure that you bring the following with:
- Your own bathroom and pool towels, extra toilet paper, flash lights, and/or electric fans and Extra blankets if required (only one per bed provided)
- Cleaning liquids and utensils for washing the dishes (you may upon arrival request that the dishes be washed by our staff every morning for an additional fee of R100.00 per day)
We DO NOT allow the following:
- Music from cars or units/caravans/tents or devices (as we would like you to come and relax and respect other guests).
No music is allowed from parked cars or mobile speakers anywhere on the resort.
- Fireworks - The use of fireworks is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. You will be told to leave the resort IMMEDIATELY
- Eating or drinking around and in the pool, unless purchased from the restaurant or kiosk. NO GLASS BOTTLES OR GLASSES ALLOWED NEAR THE POOL.
- Bicycles, roller skates/blades and/or skateboards in the pool area.
- Pets, unless they are managed with a leash while on the resort, and "poop" is cleaned by the owner.
- The speed limit on the resort is 15 Km per hour. Speedsters will get a fine of R500.00 and will be asked to leave the premises.
- Motorcycles or Quad Bikes are NOT allowed.
- Swearing, abusive behavior and excessive drinking is not allowed. Liquor and food is limited to your living units and may not be taken into the pool area, restaurants or bars on the resort. Own liquor will result in a Corkage charge of R250.00 per Cooler Box.
- Fires anywhere else but in the braais provided. Littering will lead to a fine of R150. Wood is available at the Kiosk, no dead trees may be used for firewood.
Please take note of the following:
- The resort is 54 years old, and we are currently in year 2 of a 5 year plan to upgrade the resort. For this reason some units are already upgraded. Rest assured that we will attend to ALL of them.
All equipment is used at your own risk and the resort will not accept liability for theft, damage or injury to any person or personal belongings.
- The person that receives these Terms and Conditions undertakes to bring it to the attention of ALL the members of his/her group.
- The Right of Admission is Reserved.
- Fire arms are to be declared at reception and may not be displayed during your visit. Own safekeeping essential.
- Booking Deposits must be paid and emailed back within 48 hours after the booking is made - Any booking not confirmed with receipt of your deposit will be deemed as cancelled by the following day.
- The balance is payable upon arrival NB.: Should your booking be done less than ONE week before arrival, the FULL amount must be paid within 24 hours before arrival.
- Book-in times are STRICTLY14:00 daily and Book-out times are 10:00. TheMain Gate will be open for 08h00 till 20h00 for check is. Please arrange if you have difficulties like serious emergencies if you are running late.
- No complaints later than 30 minutes after your arrival will be accepted.
- Please note that we have no control over electrical "power-outs",
mechanical failures and/or rain. We may experience Load Shedding.
- Failure to book out on time and Dishes not washed before departure will result in the Breakage Deposit being forfeited.
- Breakage Deposit is payable in CASH with arrival.
All Hotel Rooms, Rondawels, Chalets & Cottages - R500.00
River Lodge - R800.00
Smilin Suite - R1000.00
- Only one vehicle per booking will be allowed. Any additional vehicles will be required to park in the common areas, reception or behind the ablutions.
- Visitors are allowed between 08:00 and 17:00 only. Normal Day Visitor rates.
- Monkeys - please do NOT feed or tease them as they do get very aggressive. Various snake species like Puff-Adders and Rinkhals form part of our habitat please avoid them at all times and call at reception to report sightings. Please note that in the event of a snake bite it is important to identify the species.
- Socket outlets in the caravan and camping sites are limited to 15Amp per two adjoining sites, so please limit electrical appliances. No urns, water heaters, air-conditioner units are permitted.
- PLEASE NOTE that we do have FREE range animals on the Property. Please do not feed our animals. The correct food to feed the animals is available at the Kiosk.
--- This resort runs on a NO REFUND policy, and no refunds will be made after booking for any reason.
|Property Type||Cottage, Camp, Chalet, Resort|
|Check-in||02:00 PM - 08:00 PM|
|Check-out before||10:00 AM|
|Cancellation Policy||No Refund|
|Can Be Used For||Still Shoots, Wedding|
|For more info|
Excellent & Prompt Service
Only Quality, Verified Listings
No Booking Fees. Save Money
All Bookings are Secure
Quick & Easy Payment Options
Instant Booking Confirmation
Best Price Guaranteed
About the Host
Member since: 1 Dec. 2021
Response time: less than a minute
Response rate: 100%
Did not spend any time in Parys town.
Many choices of resorts.
Very unique town and friendly.
The fact that we could park our car and walk where we wanted to be was great. The antique shops and "Lekker Bistro" made our trip so much more worth it. The fish shop in town is amazing.
We enjoyed our stay at Flyfishing paradise and a delicious mouth watering dinner at my favourite restaurant Hoi Polloi.
Shops and Restaurants!
The peacefulness and all the antique shops with the lovely restaurants.
Breestraat is heerlik om in rond te snuffel en later ietsie te gaan eet.
The people are amazing and extremely friendly. O's Restaurant was an amazing place to visit and have lunch.