Atlantic Guest House is an upmarket guesthouse that balances luxury and comfort, is situated at the mountain top and offers breathtaking views of the world-renowned Knysna Heads and lagoon. Our guest bedrooms are bright and spacious and open out onto either a balcony or the pool/jacuzzi deck where you can relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
All our rooms are stylishly furnished, each with spectacular lagoon and ocean views. Guests staying in the Peace and Joy Family Suites simply have to walk out of their rooms to enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool or Jacuzzi. Fall in love all over again while staying in the delightful Honeymoon Suite, or enjoy the cool sea breeze on the patio of the Executive Suite.
Relax in one of our three comfortable lounges, or simply soak up the sun in our heated salt-water pool, or enjoy the Jacuzzi after a long day of fun and adventure.
Enjoy our scrumptious buffet breakfast on the terrace overlooking the lagoon and the Heads.
In Room Facilities:
All guest bedrooms have air-conditioning and heating, tea and coffee making facilities, flat screen TV with DStv, hairdryer, mini bar, digital electronic safe and luxury gowns. All separate and en-suite bathrooms have both a bath and a shower.
The beautiful town of Knysna was established in 1825 and has a history rich in mining, shipping, forestry, and outdoor adventures.
The climate ranges from mild winters to hot summers.
Atlantic Guest House is just 2km away from town and the Waterfront.
Only 3 hours away from Port Elizabeth and a five-hour drive from Cape Town.
The nearest airport 65 km away is situated in George and offers daily flights from all the main centres of South Africa.
The area around Knysna is a veritable Garden of Eden, and home to the elusive forest Knysna elephant, the rare Pansy Shell, the brilliantly coloured Knysna Loerie, a plethora of waterfowl and forest birds, dolphins and visiting whales.
Beaches, lakes, mountains and rivers provide endless leisure and outdoor adventures.
Within the town, craft shops, flea-markets and cosy cafes' beckon with small-town charm and hospitality.
The following facilities are available:
* Three comfortable, elegant and stylish lounge areas. One with a flat-screen tv and DStv/cable channels.
* A well equipped open-plan kitchen with a ten-seater dining room table for large families or groups.
* A dining room area with separate tables on the terrace to enjoy our wonderful buffet breakfast and magnificent view.
* A heated, saltwater pool and Jacuzzi surrounded by a wooden deck overlooking the town, the Lagoon and the Knysna Heads.
* Free Wi-Fi
* Enclosed private Braai / BBQ area.
* We offer special golf rates to play at Pezula and Simola golf courses including cart & hallway.
* Secure parking (Bus parking is also available)
Places and things of interest to do within close proximity:
* The Knysna Forest
* Historic landmarks
* A wide variety of restaurants, art galleries, markets and shops.
* Knysna oyster beds and our own Mitchells Brewery.
* Noetzie and nearby indigenous forest walks.
* Ferry trips on the lagoon or private charter boats and catamarans.
* Sailing, kayaking and paddling.
* Featherbed Nature Reserve excursion across the Lagoon to the Western mountain.
* East Head panoramic lagoon and ocean views.
* Coney Glen, a secluded beach with rock pools for picnics.
* Kloofing and hiking trails.
* The Elephant Park, Birds of Eden, Tenikwa Wild Cat Farm, and Monkey Land.
* Organic markets on Saturday mornings at nearby Sedgefield or Harkerville.
* Bike routes or horse rides.
* Absailing and paragliding.
* Canopy tree tours.
* Snorkeling, diving and tubing
* Cycling and mountain biking.
Beautiful beaches within a short driving distance:
* Buffalo Bay for surfing and walks. * Leisure Isle: a small family beach with shallow waters ideal for small children.
* The Knysna Golf Course.
* The spectacular Simola Golf Course designed by Jack Nicklaus.
* The magnificent course at Pezula.
* Professional golf lessons and a driving range.
* Nature's Valley.
* The Tsitsikamma Forest, Tsitsikamma National Reserve and Storm's River.