Price range, per nightmin R max R
I didn’t get to see much of it but the vibe was good and the best experience this far.
The Durban International Convention Centre (ICC) has successfully hosted thousands of world and national events since its inception in 1997. The centre regularly wins the annual Leading Conference Centre in Africa award and has proved to be an outstanding venue for expositions, conferences, indoor sporting events, live broadcasts and other tailored presentations. Durban’s ICC has ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO22000 ratings, is wheelchair friendly, and has start-of-the-art emergency evacuation procedures and a 5-star grading from the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.
A major centre of tourism, Durban has reputable manufacturing plants, the busiest port in South Africa and an established agricultural industry serviced by a first-rate road network. Highways lead to all of South Africa’s important cities.
In a recent online survey conducted by Condé Nast, millions of voters from around the world placed Durban 3rd on the list of New Urban Wonders of the World. And CNN Traveller described Durban as ‘The coolest city in South Africa you've never seen’. The city’s authorities are working hard to position Durban as a premier lifestyle and events destination.
Top 7 reasons to visit the Durban ICC
1. The country’s favourable exchange rate against major currencies such as the Dollar and Euro makes Durban an attractive venue for hosting an international event.
2. Durban’s economic growth currently outperforms those of its bigger sister cities, Johannesburg and Cape Town.
3. Conference delegates can expect to be treated to a unique African experience in Durban while partners and family can safely tour the city’s attractions, soak up the sun on Durban’s golden beaches and shop at the Point waterfront.
4. Not sure what to do during your downtime? Visit the ICCs onsite Travel Agency for advice.
5. Being one of the country’s tourism hotspots, Durban’s hospitality industry is geared towards an influx of visitors. Durban is South Africa’s officially-appointed bid city for the 2022... Show more