Price range, per nightmin R max R
Sea Point, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, Rondebosch, Hout Bay, De Waterkant, Camps Bay, Durbanville, Constantia, Table View, Century City, Green Point, Llandudno, Noordhoek, Milnerton, Bellville, Bloubergstrand, Fish Hoek, Simon's Town, Cape Town City Centre / CBD
The vast suburb of Parow in Cape Town, incorporates several smaller suburbs,extending from the Cape Flats in the south, to Durbanville Hills in the north. Income levels rise the further north one travels, with Baronetcy being one of the most sought after areas in Cape Town.
Parow is an amalgam of commercial and residential properties. Several schools, religious centres, hospitals, parks and golf courses are throughout the residential areas, while the commercial sector consists of big business, shopping malls and small enterprises servicing primarily the motor industry.
Only 20kms from Cape Town city centre, Parow is a convenient destination for those wanting to base themselves out of the city, yet remain close enough to all conveniences and main thoroughfares.
Top 5 reasons to visit Parow
1. The area is a shopping mecca with two super malls on either end of Parow – Canal Walk in the west and Tygervalley Shopping Centre in the east. The smaller and more interesting N1 City and Willowbridge Mall are nearby.
2. The Durbanville Wine Route is on Parow’s doorstep. Begin the tour at De Grendel Wine Estate to sample their award winning wines and enjoy the views of Table Bay.
3. The Tygervalley Nature Reserve abuts Parow, popular for hiking routes and has over 20kms of mountain bike trails. Small mammals reside in the reserve and the introduction of Bontebok antelope has proved successful.
4. The Grand West Casino and Entertainment World complex is 5kms from Parow. Chance your luck at the more than 2500 slot machines on the casino floor. The centre has an Olympic sized ice skating rink, movie theatres, a food court and fun and games for the children. Regular international acts perform here.
5. Hop on the main highway into Cape Town city to enjoy the spectacular views from Table Mountain, discover unique fynbos plant life at the world renowned Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens... Show more