Acra Retreat **Mountain View Lodge** is THE PERFECT STOPOVER POINT BETWEEN JOHANNESBURG AND THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK, after a long flight or for a relaxed & stress free return back home.
Positioned on the edge of a cliff, Acra-Retreat is situated on the border of the Elands Krans Nature Reserve which gives you a soothing and most amazing Mountain Panorama.
We feature an outdoor pool & children's pool, a trampoline, sheltered barbecue facilities and a beautifully manicured garden. We also have a small sheltered fitness section, for the basic exercises.
Acra-Retreat Mountain View Lodge has a fully licensed and very well stocked pub. Sundowners & cocktails can be enjoyed on the deck or at the pool. Relax and enjoy in the peace and tranquillity that Acra Retreat offers.
A beautiful, scrumptious Three-Course Dinner is served every evening if requested. We will send you our menu after the reservation is confirmed.
But we can always also just make you a quick toasted sandwich and side salad for the smaller appetite.
And surely you can also use one of our braai (BBQ) facilities. We will provide the cutlery, condiments, wood, charcoal or briquettes, firestarters,...
All individually decorated rooms offer a ‘private’ entrance to the decks / gardens with Mountain Views. Each room is fitted with a TV and satellite/DStv channels.
Tea/coffee facilities, a safe, a hairdryer and (ceiling-) fan are standard.
Toiletries, towels and additional pool towels are provided.
Of course we also supply the linen, bedding, additional blankets and everything else necessary for a relaxing good night sleep.
The rooms are serviced daily!
• Amazing Mountain Panorama
• Outdoor pool, children’s pool & trampoline
• Beautiful sheltered braai area (BBQ area)
• Wi-Fi available (surcharge)
• *NEW*: Guided Quad-Bike Trails! Enjoy one of our breathtaking routes for beginners and experienced drivers.
• Koi pond
• Own borehole with regularly tested, clean water
• Safe Parking on the property (free)
• Malaria Free
• English, German, Dutch and Afrikaans spoken
• German / South African Management
• “Nature Drives” in an open SUV around Waterval Boven with amazing views, historic sites, picnic break,….
Horse riding, mountain climbing, abseiling and spa treatments and much more can be arranged. We can send you a list or link with the close by activities and attractions.
The hotel is located on the way to the Kruger Park, 2.5 hour’s drive from Johannesburg and approximately 2 hours from Malelane Gate.