Albatross House offers two self catering apartments. Each Apartment features two en suite bedrooms, a seperate lounge and kitchenette, private balconies and amazing views over false bay
Off street parking
Simon's Town is a historical village and the third oldest town in South Africa. It is the ideal base from which you can explore many of the attractions of Cape Town and the spectacular Cape Peninsula.
In Room Facilities:
Hairdryer Bathroom amenities
Coffee and tea station
Fans and heating
Things to do in and from Simon's Town
1. Visit Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope. The entrance is 12 Km from our house. Spend a full or half a day to enjoy the 8500 plant species (Fynbos) that grow here and nowhere else on earth. There are also various animal and reptile and bird species to be seen and enjoyed. There are several hiking trails - from 30 minutes to a full day. Have a picnic on the beach.
2. Visit the 4000 African Penguin Colony within walking distance of our house, or rent a kayak and visit them from the sea side. Swim with the penguins if the weather is warm. Half day.
3. Take a boat ride around Simon?s Bay and hear and see the history of Simon's Town and the South African Navy. One hour.
4. Spend half a day enjoying the historical mile in Simon?s Town. See the preserved historic buildings, and visit the Simon?s Town and Naval museums. Enjoy the waterfront with its interesting coffee bars, restaurants and shops.
5. Take a boat ride out to Seal Island where you can see 75000 Cape Fur Seals, great white sharks, whales and dolphins - 2 Hours.
6. White shark cage diving - mainly winter months. Half day.
7. See the Southern Right whales from August to end November. They come here to calve and can be seen and heard from our balconies. View them from ashore or by boat.
8. Offshore bird watching. Take a boat 35 miles south of Cape Point to see the Albatrosses, Petrels Shearwaters etc. Full day.
9. Relax on one of our beautiful beaches nearby.
10. Play golf at one of our nearby courses.
11. Visit the Constantia wine farms and or the Kirstenbosch botanical gardens - 30 minutes drive from our house. Half day.
12. Visit one of our many restaurants in the day or evening.
13. Visit the city of Cape Town - 50 minutes drive from here.
14. Climb or visit Table Mountain with the cable car - 50 minutes from here.